Monday, June 19, 2017

Anything Goes

Every year I do a post on Miss High School's show because I want to remember them as well as share them with you.
This year's show was "Anything Goes" with music and lyrics by Cole Porter(so you know it's a good one!). It's set on the S.S. American ocean liner and plenty of hijinks ensue!
 The show was so fun and full of lots of great songs.
Some were familiar to me like "I Get A Kick Out of You", "You're the Top", "It's De-Lovely" and "Anything Goes" to name a few.
 Miss High School was Erma Latour, described as a lovingly clueless dame, a typical 20's gun moll with a "Joisy" accent.
 Most of these photos will be of "Erma" since she's my "Erma".
 The sailors sure loved her too.

 This is her solo "Buddy Beware".
 I wish I could see the show just one more time!

 The dance numbers were all so amazing.

If you ever get the chance to see this show...GO!! You will love it!

Let's Keep In Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Pin It

9 comments:

Mama Hen said...

Flash back to the 80's!!! I did Anything Goes in my high school production and it is so wonderful to see these pictures and the fun your daughter had performing. I miss my theater days. :-) I can still remember the music and the fun I had rehearsing. You took some great pictures! I don't have that many pictures because it was the pre digital era. Ha! ;-) Thanks for sharing!
Mama Hen

Anna of Mutton Style and Years said...

High school shows are very impressive. I was stunned at the confidence and strong performances when my two were at high school.

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe...love the pictures. How neat. I know you enjoyed every single moment too. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tamar SB said...

One of my favorite shows! Looks like a GREAT show!

Jenna H. said...

I am such a fan of theater from high school productions (which can honestly be SO good!) to Broadway musicals. Great post, it looks like the show was amazing! :)
-Jenna <3
Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I loved hearing all about her performance and following along! She's so talented and it was so cool that our middle school did the same play this year - such a fun coincidence! Next year is Dirty Rotton Scoundrals right?

Dawn Gross said...

It amazes me what great shows high schools put on. Such talented kiddos!!

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I want to come see her ... I loved the video you posted on IG! So much talent.
Carla

Ida said...

How fun and exciting. She certainly does seem to be having a grand time in this production. I bet you are very proud of her as you should be.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails