Tuesday, May 30, 2017

{Recipe} Kickin' Corn Chowder - Vegan & Oil Free

This is a quick and easy recipe that uses Trader Joe's Roasted Corn (frozen).   You could use any corn you like but the roasted corn gives it a nice flavor.

Ingredients:
2 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 yellow onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 bags Trader Joe's Roasted Corn
3-4 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp red chili paste *optional*
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste

To make:
Saut√© onion in water or broth until translucent.  Add red pepper, potatoes, corn, chili paste, paprika and garlic powder.  Stir and cook on medium heat, adding more water/broth as needed. Cook about 10-15 minutes. Add 3-4 cups of broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until potatoes are softened (about 20 minutes).  Use immersion blender to blend soup to desired consistency.  You can make it smooth or chunky, I like it chunky! Season with salt & pepper. Serve over rice for a hearty meal.
Let's Keep In Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png

Pin It

7 comments:

Pam Jackson said...

That sounds wonderful. I can't have potato's or corn yet since my gastric by pass surgery in Feb. I will be there soon enough though. I will have to try this then.

Tamar SB said...

Mm! I like how it's more hardy than a soup!

Mama Hen said...

I LOVE corn chowder! I have to try this! I have not used Trader Joes roasted corn yet. Thanks for the tip!

Carla from The River said...

Yummy!!! Pinned!
:-)

Barefoot by the Sea said...

THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS! And, sadly - perfect for the weather we've been experiencing the past few days. Where the heck is the sun?! Anyway, this looks so good!

Creations By Cindy said...

YUM, YUM, YUM! Man this looks good. I love me some good corn chowder. I make chicken and corn chowder and sometimes I just make corn and potato chowder. I am a soup person all year round though. Looks so good. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Love Of Quilts said...

Nothing better then healthy eating. Take Care

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails