Friday, May 12, 2017

Taste Test-Beyond Meat Burgers

Have you heard of these Beyond Meat veggie burgers? 
They are taking the vegan world by storm because they claim to be juicy like real beef burgers--without the beef! They are being served in some restaurants but I hadn't been to any that carried them. I found them at Whole Foods recently and did a little happy dance in my head. 
For research I tested them out for you. They come 2/pack which runs about $7.50, so they are not cheap.  The directions said to cook them a few minutes on each side until the internal temperature was 165F. Mine cooked longer than that because it was taking a long time to get the temperature up. They look pretty beefy in the pan, don't they?    I was nervous I wasn't going to like them because they had a strange smell as I was cooking them up--but have no fear--that went away when they were fully cooked!
 I was excited to try this vegan spread that I found at TJ's.
We added some Chao cheese to the tops of the burgers and I also added some jalapeno slices and red onion to mine. I served them with my Effortless Oil-Free Baked Fries.
Miss High School and I could not believe how much they tasted like real burgers (granted, we haven't had 'real' burgers in a long time so we might not be the best judges of that) or how juicy and delicious they were! Definitely give them a try if you're looking for a beef-like veggie burger.

                                                              Let's Keep In Touch!
Pin It

9 comments:

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

I may have to try these for myself.I try to sneak vegan/vegetarian items into the meals....they look good! laura

Tamar SB said...

I LOVE their grounds!!!! I need to really look for the burgers...the Amy's ones just are meh

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, I learn so much from you about Vegan cooking and recipes. I will have to buy this the next time I go to WF and I would love to buy the spread from TJs too. Thanks.

Enjoy your day, weekend and Happy Mother's Day.

Hugs, Julie xo

Anna of Mutton Style and Years said...

They look very beef like. How do they get to be so red?

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I just saw a YouTube video with these and they sounded good. I wouldn't have liked a funny smell either so I'm glad that went away. What are they made of? They certainly look like the real deal! Have a great weekend my friend - I need to find these!

Clairejustine oxox said...

These look yummy Heather, I would love to try them out :) Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop.

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather,
What are they made of?
I am glad you liked them, even after the funny smell. A funny smell can throw one off.
Thank you for sharing with us.
Carla

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Thanks Heather for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
Enjoy the week.
Julie

Jenna H. said...

That looks really good! I want to try these out soon :) Great post!
-Jenna <3
Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails