Wednesday, May 10, 2017

{Recipe} Vegan Roasted Vegetable Enchilada Bake

In my last {Random} Happening Lately post, I said I'd share this recipe so I made it again just for you! 
 This time I used what I had on hand so instead of sweet potatoes, I used frozen butternut squash.  I also roasted up some frozen cauliflower and onions for the filling.
 Ingredients:
  • Tortillas-corn or flour, I used about 10-12
  • Vegetables for roasting (butternut squash, onions, cauliflower)
  • Black beans,  1 can rinsed and drained
  • Green chili enchilada sauce (I used El Paso, mild)
  • Salsa Verde (I like Trader Joe's brand)
  • Raw baby spinach (1/2 bag)

 To make:
  • Roast vegetables, spray lightly with coconut oil spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast at 400F for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.  
  • In large bowl add black beans and roasted vegetables, stir to combine.
  • Set oven to 350F.
  • Pour 1/3 of green chili enchilada sauce into baking dish (I used a 9x9)
  • Rip tortillas in half and cover bottom of dish with tortillas.
  • Add 1/3 of the roasted vegetables/bean combo.
  • Top with spinach.
  • Pour 1/3 of salsa verde over spinach.


  •  Top with more ripped tortillas


  • Repeat layers two more times (or until you use up the veggies). 
  • Season with salt  & pepper (optional)
  • Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy this warm and lightly spicy comfort dish!
Let's Keep In Touch!
Pin It

7 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

This looks so yummy to me and it's only 9:40 in the morning! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

This looks so good Heather to make for dinner. I'm starting to run out of ideas and this looks great!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

This looks exactly like something we would love! Thank you for sharing - love me some Mexican food!

Tamar SB said...

So good sounding!!

Clairejustine oxox said...

This looks so tasty Heather, yes please :) Thanks for sharing atThe Wednesday blog hop :)

Carla from The River said...

Pinning! Thank you for sharing. :-)

Jessica Pelasky said...

Sounds amazing! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails