Tuesday, September 22, 2015

{Recipe} Frozen Dessert Pizza

I made this dreamy, cool dessert for a friend's birthday and ooooh was it good!
It was cool and refreshing on a summer night, but I'd serve it anytime of year. It's another recipe from the amazing Oh She Glows cookbook. I can't praise this book enough, it's never failed me with it's wonderfully perfect vegan treats.
Here's an online version of the recipe
 Most of these photos were snapped with my old Iphone so please bear with me.
 The crust reminded me of Coco Krispies!  To make the crust, line a pizza pan with parchment paper.  In a large bowl, mix 2 cups of crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies), 2 TBS + 1 1/2 tsp of brown rice syrup, 2 TBS of coconut oil, melted and 4 tsp of cocoa powder (I used dark).  Stir until the cereal is coated. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared pan (10 inch) and press down with another sheet of parchment. Freeze for 5-10 minutes until firm. 
Mix up a batch of banana soft serve (2 cups of frozen bananas whipped up in a high speed blender or food processor.    You can use any kind of softened ice cream that you like here as well.
 Spread the soft serve over the chilled crust. Leaving a little bit of room around the edge. Freeze again for 5-10 minutes.
For the toppings:
Melt 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips and 2 tsp of coconut oil over very low heat.  When it's mostly melted, remove from heat and keep stirring until completely smooth.  
In a small bowl mix 1 TBS of roasted almond butter with 1 TBS coconut oil and 1 tsp maple syrup. Transfer mixture to a baggie and snip off the corner to pipe it over the the pizza.
Drizzle 1/3 of melted chocolate over the pizza and pipe 1/3 of the almond butter mixture. Immediately sprinkle with other toppings (coconut, almonds, cacao nibs, chocolate chips). Repeat steps until all the toppings are used up. Return to freezer to firm up (5-10 minutes).
Take out and serve immediately. It softens up very quickly!
*I wrapped mine up after it was refrozen and put it back in the freezer until we were ready to serve it.
Slice up with a pizza cutter and enjoy!
From the Oh She Glow Cookbook by Angela Liddon.

Let's Keep in Touch!
Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

oh my goodness!! that looks and sounds heavenly!

Becky said...

Oh man, yum!!!

camp and cottage living said...

This looks and sound very decadent, Heather!
I know I would love it.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

This is the perfect dessert made with some great ingredients! I definetely will remember this when I need something to make for my next event! :)

Creations By Cindy said...

This looks wonderful! Gotta pin it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Dawn Gross said...

Delicious!!

Clairejustine oxox said...

2 of my favourite things pizza and cakes, this looks so yummy :)

Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop :)

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather,
Wow this pizza dessert looks great to serve at a party.
Thanks for sharing this recipe at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
Enjoy the week.
Julie

Jessica Pelasky said...

OMG I may have drooled! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails