Wednesday, August 31, 2011

{Recipe}Amazing Oatmeal

I think most of us know how to make oatmeal by now, or at least I thought I did until I saw Hungry Girl's version. Wow!!
She turns 1/2 cup of dried oats into a huge bowl of oat-y goodness.
How does she achieve this miracle?
She also introduced me to almond milk. This stuff is creamy and delicious and only 40 calories a cup!
You need to use the old fashioned oats and unsweetened almond milk.
The recipe is super easy. Just mix up 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats, 1 cup of almond milk and 1 cup of water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.  
Turn down the heat and keep on stirring until all the liquid is absorbed. 
This takes about 15
 minutes so you need to be patient.
 The result is so worth it.  
A huge steaming, creamy bowl of comforting oatmeal.
Sweeten and season as you like.
 I like adding frozen berries. The cool down the oatmeal and defrost as you stir them in.
I also like a smattering of almonds or walnuts for some crunch.
If your mornings are rushed, you can make it the night before in the microwave like this chick does and reheat in the morning.
It's so filling and good....it'll keep you going till lunch!
Linking up with:

Pin It

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh! That looks amazing...and really, Almond milk is that good? I have been very wary of the stuff.

Annesphamily said...

I am getting hungry thinking about this creamy goodness. I have wanted to try almond milk. Sounds tasty. Have a great weekend. Anne

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love lots of goodies in my oatmeal! I'll try this! ♥

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Heather, I love oatmeal and do use the old fashioned kind. I will have to try the almond milk. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I need to try this recipe. I've never been an oatmeal fan, but the almond milk might change my mind! Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails