Monday, September 21, 2015

{The Abode} Early Fall Porch Update

Fall was on my mind and in the air and I felt the need to switch up the porch's decor.
  It had been looking like this after our summer update.
First, it needed a good cleaning so I took everything off of the porch and swept and scrubbed it.  I washed the rug and wiped down the furniture.
I wasn't ready for pumpkins, gourds and mums quite yet.


So I went with a neutral palette of black and cream.
It's been really dry around here lately so I was able to pull some things from inside to decorate the outside.  The pillow is from Ikea and the blanket was in my car.
I brought out a basket of dried hydrangeas and put them on the little blue table that I covered with a burlap runner.
I added a black lantern, some black squiggly sticks (what do you call them?) to add a little height to the arrangement, and more dried hydrangeas.  My Panama Hat from Old Navy perches on one of the rocking chairs.
I also added this heart stone that I found in Cape May on our recent trip.
This has been a nice transition until I'm ready to go full-on fall, which won't be long now!

Let's Keep in Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with
Creative Mondays
Pin It

8 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

As always, I love your updates! I think it's often hard to update with the fall lock without it being completely orange/black! I love the neutral pallet you chose and of course I'm dying over though dried hydrangeas! I found them to be difficult to dry!

Tamar SB said...

Love the dried hydrangeas!

Dawn Gross said...

Beautiful!!

Carla from The River said...

I like it! You have been dry and we have been wet. In fact I am getting kind of tired of all the rain. We had over 4 inches in one hour last Thursday. We had more Friday, and more today!

Your Autumn decorations cheered me up. :-)
Carla

Ida said...

You are so lucky to have a nice porch like that. - You do keep it looking quite nice through the different seasons.

Clairejustine oxox said...

This is beautiful Heather, would love to have a nice porch like yours :)

Thanks for sharing at Creative mondays

Michelle James said...

Just beautiful Heather!

Bliss said...

Like everyone else said it looks great. Are those squiggly things called curly willow? Wavey willow? Something like that?

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails