Wednesday, January 1, 2014

{Recipe}Candy Bar Pretzel Bites

I've got another sweet(and salty) treat for you today. 

We had all a lot of our Halloween candy left and I didn't want to be tempted by it so I tied it up in a bag and stuck it out of sight until I could find a good use for it.
 I found the perfect recipe here and you could make these any time of the year by changing the color of the candy coat and sprinkles.
"Ingredients"
Square pretzels
mini candy bars
candy coating
sprinkles
 Lay out the pretzels on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or Silpat.  Put one mini candy bar on each pretzel.  For the Kit Kats, I broke them into smaller bite sized pieces.  Put the tray into a 300 F oven for about 3 minutes until the chocolate softens and remove from oven
 Put another pretzel on top of each square and press gently. 
Allow to cool
Dip in melted candy coating and add sprinkles of your choice.
Let harden and you're done!
They looked great on our trays of Christmas cookies and added a nice salty complement to all of the other sweets.
Linking up with:
Thrifty Thursday
Thrifty Things Friday
Welcome To the Weekend
Seasonal Sundays
Craftastic Monday
Sunday Showcase
Tutorials & Tips

Pin It

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Um...yum!!!

Becky said...

How great is this??!! What an awesome way to use up that Halloween candy too.

Debbiedoos said...

Mmm...those pretzel bites look awesome! Happy New Year Heather!

Katie said...

These look delicious. Salty and sweet is one of my favorite combinations.

It would kind of being against the point of these to go out and buy candy just to make them, right?

Seriously so glad I don't have to go to Target today, or I'd be picking up a big bag of candy (that we don't need) just to make these!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So if I could just pluck one off the screen and eat it, I would! These are my kind of treats! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

En4tainment said...

oh wow they looks so yummy. x

Clairejustine oxox said...

Whoo wow yum yum :)

Thanks for sharing at the Weekend blog hop, pinning these to try :)

Cathy Compeau said...

I've made these using Rolos. Love the idea of making them with mini candy bars! Thank you for linking up at Tasty Tuesdays! Your post has been pinned to my Recipes from Tasty Tuesday board. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
Have a terrific weekend!
Cathy
APeekIntoMyParadise.com
#TastyTuesdays

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails