Thursday, March 28, 2013

{Recipe}Grown Up Pudding Shots

I made these treats for our Irish Night party.
{more to come on that}
I concocted my own recipe using a few I had found online.  
You'll need:
Instant Pudding Mix (I used vanilla)
Vanilla Vodka
Milk(I used skim)
Lite Whipped Topping, 1 tub, thawed
Peppermint Flavoring
Green Food Coloring
Sprinkles
Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels (optional) *not pictured
Mix the pudding mix with the vanilla vodka and milk. I used 3/4 - 1 cup of vodka and added the milk to make up the liquid requirement for the pudding.  Add green food coloring and peppermint flavoring.
Fold in the thawed whipped topping.  Mix well to incorporate it all.
Put the pudding mixture into mini "shooter" cups( I found mine at the party good store).


They looked (and tasted) good but I had these Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels left over from Christmas so I added a few to each cup.  Why not?
I put a little bit of green sprinkles on each one and popped the lids on the cups.
They were pretty much set up at the point but I made them the night before and refrigerated them.
At the party I set them out on a tray with mini plastic spoons (found at Wegman's but the party good store had them too).   I made sure to let everyone know that they were a grown up treat but a non-alcoholic version would be fun for the kids too.
Have you ever had a pudding shot? 
These were my first.

Linking up with:
Creative Corner
Wow Us Wednesday
Pin It

8 comments:

mail4rosey said...

I've never even heard of a pudding shot, but I bet they were a big hit. :)

Love Of Quilts said...

Sounds Good! Have a very blessed Easter!

Jules said...

I have never had a pudding shot, but I certainly want to try one now!!!

Katie said...

I've never had a pudding shot, but this sounds so cool! I want one now! (Not right now...its only 9:30am...but later now, like 9:30pm!)

Can't wait to hear more about the party!

Bliss said...

Yummm.... ummmm.... dieting is getting old very fast.

Bliss

chrissy said...

such a great idea! bookmarked!

Cherished Handmade Treasures said...

YUM! Thanks for sharing with us on the Creative Corner Hop.

Sandy
Cherished Handmade Treasures

Jill said...

OMG! These look so much better than jello shots! I will be pinning it for sure!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails