Friday, October 26, 2012

{Tips & Tricks} Adding Text to Instagram Photos

 Sometimes you want to add text to your Instagram photos without it being in the comments.
To accomplish this, I've been experimenting with a few aps and found two that I really like.
The first is called Labelbox.
It's a free ap on Itunes and simple to use.

This is the screen for adding labels to a photo.
Once you've chose a photo(either by snapping one or grabbing one from your camera roll), it's time for the fun part.
 You get to pick out a tape for your label. Then just swipe your finger across the screen and the label appears, ready for you to input your text. If you don't like that label, just hold your finger down on it and it disappears.   You can add multiple labels to your photo and if you want to start all over again, 
shake your phone to clear them all.
When you're happy with your label you can save and share your photo.
It's a lot of fun to play around with.
The other ap that I've tried is called Phonto
It's another freebie from Itunes.
It has over 200 fonts to choose from and it's very addictive!  You just choose or take your photo and start adding text.
There are lots of fun things you can do with your photos and text.
I chose the Codystar font for this photo.  It's easy to change the font, color, size, style and background of your text.    When you're done, you can save or share your photo.
The possibilities are endless!
I'm fairly new to Instagram and definitely new to the Iphone so if you have any other fun aps please let me know!
Pin It

8 comments:

Lindalou said...

How clever. Great pointers.

Katie said...

This is so cool! Its making me want instagram even more!

Morgan said...

How cool! I love the end product. Too bad I'm lame and still don't have a smart phone... I'm so technologically behind... lol!

scrappymo! said...

I will share these pointers with my daughter...I do not have apps nor know how they work...but my daughter and the grandkids do!!!

Love Of Quilts said...

If I ever try and use this. The info will help out I'm sure thank you.

Dawn said...

Instagram is so much fun! I'm dmg314, by the way. I've used phonto but didn't know about the other two.

Ai Sakura said...

I use Phonto all the time to write and watermark my photos haha. Great tips on using them :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

chrissy said...

i really enjoy using labelbox. sadly, i didn't have much luck with phonto.. it just didn't seem to want to work with my phone. perhaps it has upgraded and i should give it another shot - because i really like that codystar font you chose. ;)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails