Monday, April 23, 2012

Charleston/Savannah - Day 1 {Isle of Palms}

We snuck away over Easter break to this lovely locale called Isle of Palms, South Carolina. 
At least that's where our condo was located.
We decided to stay at the beach while we were visiting Charleston to get a taste of both downtown and beach life.  We were up very early and had a long day of traveling (and lost one suitcase along the way) before we picked up our rental car and headed to the condo.   My younger daughter had this bunk area as her 'room'.  It had a cozy Tommy Bahama curtain for privacy and was located in the entry hall right across from the bedroom.
It was pretty chilly when we arrived (not what we expected) but we knew the forecast called for sunnier skies and warmer temps.
We dropped off our bags and headed for lunch in the cute little shopping area within walking distance of our condo.  We stayed at The Sea Cabins.
{Here's a shot of the condo's interior. }   
We also took a trip to Piggly Wiggly (our first visit!) to pick up some groceries.   
Her bag was the one that was lost so Dad took her into town to pick up a few new clothing items (since we had no idea how long her bag might be missing or if we'd even get it back).
We just had to get our feet in that sand!

Luckily the sun was coming out and the grey skies were clearing up.

Walking on the beach is so restorative.
This was the view from the other side of the balcony. That night we were all exhausted so we decided to order pizza and eat in the condo.
As the sun was setting we took a quick walk around and discovered this pretty pool.
We also found the condo's private dock that went WAY out into the water.
It was a great spot for some photo ops.
one year ago...More Signs of Spring

Don't forget to enter my Fashion To Figure giveaway!!
This giveaway is now closed.
Linking up with:
Alphabe-Thursday
Sunday Showcase Party
Oh The Places You'll Go
Pin It

19 comments:

SarahinSC said...

We love IOP! We're two hours from our doorstep to the feet on the beach! It's our favorite "commercial" beach in SC!

dee dee said...

Heather,
Oh how I wish I was at the beach... it is so hard to wait for July! Your visit looks so nice!
dee dee

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Heather...

Wow...what a fabulous getaway! Looking at all of your beautiful beach photos made me a bit homesick for Corpus Christi, Tx. where I lived for 30 yrs. It looks like you and your family had a great time! I can tell by all the smiles! Hehe! Ohh yes...and I'm sure that your daughter didn't mind losing her suitcase...especially when it meant shopping for new clothes! Hehe! Thanks for sharing your trip and beautiful photos with us!

I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my place! I soo enjoyed your sweet note! Thank you!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Katie said...

This looks like it was such a beautiful and relaxing vacation!!

That little bunk room is too cute, its so cozy! And I love her new outfit - it worked out well that she got to get some new clothes and get her suitcase back!

PS. AJ's looking over my shoulder and wants to know when we can go on vacation to South Carolina (um, says the boy he was just there golfing!). I told him say the word and I'll be there!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

I love that part of the country. My husband and I stayed on Hilton Head Island, SC for our anniversary a couple years ago and couldn't get enough of the gorgeous scenery. Amazing.

Bliss said...

Hey, who's that lady with your husband, it doesn't look like you!

~Bliss~

Tracy said...

That looked to be a wonderful weekend

Sue said...

My husband and I stayed at the Isle of Palms one night when we were visiting near Charleston. We loved it. And we loved Charleston, too!

=)

Lmkazmierczak said...

I think I'll put this on my list of places to visit! Thanks for sharing♫♪

bluegrassnotes said...

That's lovely. I've been reading novels set in the low country and I really enjoyed getting to see an actual glimpse (not so far off from what I imagined...)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I feel like I just spent an hour or two at the beach...

love that last shot!

NanE said...

Oh my gosh, you were in my backyard! I live in Mt Pleas, just north of the IOP connector as we call it. When my parents were still alive, they always stayed at the Sea Cabins. Sorry you had bad weather, this Spring has been weird as March was warmer than April! Have a great weekend, Nan

storybeader said...

how wonderful! Looks great! Lucky daughter, to get a bunch of new clothes. I hope she gets her luggage back! {:-Deb

Angie @ Postcards from the Ridge said...

Looks like a fun trip. We went to Charleston last month and stayed on Kiawah Island while we were there. Such a beautiful place to take pictures.
Angie

Jennifer said...

wow. that looks like so much fun! i have never been to charleston but i have always thought it was beautiful and definately a place i would like to go to.

Jennifer
http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

You have such a beautiful family...

This looks like an amazing time...

Thanks for linking such a Wonderful post for the letter W.

A+

beckyp said...

looks like a wonderful vacation (I'm a little late visiting you from Jenny Matlock)

arrielle_p said...

What a nice place to have a vacation with! I know you have a wonderful memories staying in there.

makati condominiums

bailey k. said...

Such a beautiful place! And a beautiful family! :) Thanks for linking up to my travel party!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails