Friday, January 27, 2012

{Getting Crafty} Conversation Heart Wreath

I teased you yesterday with an upcoming Valentine project o'mine using "The Official Candy of Love". I'm not making that up, it says it on the bag!
Have you figured it out yet? (well,it is in the title if you need to go back and look.)
{Don't mind all the backsides in the above photo.}
I pulled out my hot glue gun box. Check out that lid!
I also purchased some conversation hearts and a Styrofoam wreath form from Michael's (with a 50% off coupon).  I needed two bags of the candy.
I cranked up the Vampire Weekend Pandora station and got to work gluing those bad boys on.
I tried to create a random color pattern with the hearts.  I used a low temp hot glue gun but still had my trusty bowl of ice water at the ready in case I got some glue on my fingers.
I kept adding rows of hearts to the wreath form
until the whole thing was covered.  I had some extra candy so I layered a few more hearts around on top to give it more dimension.
Some of the sayings are quite silly.
What's your favorite?
Purdy cute, no?
I tried displaying it on my plate stand at first.

I also hung it up on the door with a Command adhesive hook.
I finally added some pink ribbon (from this past year's Christmas wrapping) and hung it up on the kitchen door.
Hey, I've got some color going on again in the house! I still need to pull out my Valentine's decorations but this is easing the transition.
Here's another Valentine's Wreath that I made last year out of candy canes.
and my daughter made these adorable

I'm Heather and I like to play craft with candy. You can see more candy wreaths here and here.

Happy Friday!!

one year ago...Show & Tell Doorways
Linking up with:
Pin It

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi! Stopping by from Planet Weidknecht's weekend hop. The wreath is very cute! I would love it if you'd link it to my Valentine Craft linky! http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.com/search/label/VALENTINE%20CRAFT%20LINKY/
Have a great weekend!

Katie said...

I love this! It is just adorable! Although, I think someone at my house would eat all the candies before I could make the wreath :(

Brandy J. said...

These wreaths are so cute! Thanks SO MUCH for the comments on my blog and for the link to the Barney cakes. I'll definitely see if there are any options that this non-cake decorator can master. Happy Friday!

Creations By Cindy said...

Adorable wreaths!

Lisa Weidknecht said...

These are so cute. You have more patience than I do! Thanks for joining my Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop! I'm following you.

Mindie Hilton said...

Super cute Valentine wreath. I am hosting a Valentine contest, besides my weekly fri-monday linky. Please link up for a chance to win.
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

This is such a fun V-day idea, although it makes me hungry for those little hearts. :)

I have a giveaway going on right now and a link party tomorrow. It'd be great if you have a chance to come by. http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/50-lowes-gift-card-for-you/
karah @ thespacebetweenblog = your newest follower

Blessed Serendipity said...

So cute!

Danielle

Shabby Soul said...

I love, love, love the wreath! I have a craving for conversation hearts now, too!!

Julie said...

I am inviting you come and be part of my blog hop:

http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/02/show-your-stuff-9.html

Ricki Treleaven said...

Okay these are both adorable.....I love the heart candy wreath!

Chrissy said...

Very cute!! Looks like it could have taken a while!! I have a Pinterest Power Party and would love to have you share this is you get a chance!!

http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2013/01/24/pinterest-power-party-3.html

Thanks!
Chrissy

Katja@ Shift Ctrl ART said...

What a fun idea! It turned out great!

Candie@Craftbaby.com said...

This looks like it took FOREVER...BUT its super cute and worth the time! haha! :) You should enter your photos from this project into Craftbaby's Hearts Craft Challenge :-) http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/43/those-tiny-toes-hearts-craft

xo,
Candie

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love both of your cute crafts you are sharing with us at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!

Jessica Pelasky said...

Oh my...you definitely have the patience! WOW! So cute!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails