Monday, November 2, 2015

{Entertaining} Sweet 16 Family Bagel Brunch

The morning after Miss High School's Vintage Glam Halloween Hollywood Tower Hotel Sweet 16 (say that 10 times fast!) we hosted a bagel brunch for family and friends.
The morning glories were in full bloom finally (the rest of the garden was pretty much done with).
We were packing a lot into that weekend because College Girl was home and we were also celebrating my birthday.
**edit** I totally forgot to showcase these fun plaid napkins from Tar-jay!  I used them with gold paper plates and napkins for a fall glam look. **

 We kept the menu simple: bagels and spreads, home made granola, yogurt and fruit.
 Oh and of course potato chips?!  I made vegan chickpea tuna and chips go really well with that.  Recipe coming soon!
 I had already planned on making these No-Bake Reese's Bars and Miss High School was happy to use them as her cake so that made my life a lot easier.  They have become a family favorite.
 I didn't take many photos but I'm happy I got one of the birthday girl with her grandma, sister and cousin (also home from college for the weekend).  There's more to come of this weekend. Stay tuned!

Let's Keep in Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png

Pin It

10 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

What a nice and yummy brunch spread, looks like you had everything covered. I can't wait for the tuna recipe!!!

Tamar SB said...

What a lovely set up - great spread!!

camp and cottage living said...

I can't believe how much the girls have grown since I first started following you, Heather! It always impresses me how close knit you all are-it's wonderful! Happy B'Day to Miss High School too.

Becky said...

I love the idea of a birthday brunch for family! Loving the candles in the no bake bars/pseudo birthday cake :)

Carla from The River said...

Perfect idea! I think I will be borrowing this idea too.
Looking forward to the recipe.
Carla

Love Of Quilts said...

Happy late birthday to you. I hope it was all you could have wished for, sure looked like some good eating going on. That was a sweet way to light candles.
Your oldest daughter and her cousin favor.

Creations By Cindy said...

What a nice birthday brunch! Love it. Wish I had some of those bagels right about now! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Ida said...

Oh yum, the menu and food looks/sounds yummy. Happy Birthday to both you & your daughter (albeit it a bit late) wishing you many more.

Bliss said...

Looks like I missed another tasty party!

Dawn Gross said...

Bagel brunch is a great idea! Fun picture of the ladies.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails