Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Making Veggie Noodles: Veggetti vs Julienne Peeler

I love making veggie noodles and I'm all about easy preparation so I thought I'd share my two favorite gadgets for making them.  I use both the Veggetti Spiral Cutter (about $10) and a Julienne Peeler (about $5).
 For carrots I don't love the Veggetti. If you have really big carrots it is easier but it is still pretty hard to make noodles with it.
 I prefer the julienne peeler.  I like to use big carrots to make long strands and the julienne peeler makes quick work of that.
 Now for zucchini, the Veggetti works a little better. You need to use smaller, thinner zucchinis though, because the opening isn't large enough for those summer garden varieties. If you have them, they'll need to be cut to fit.
 I prefer the larger noodle size setting on the Veggetti for thicker strands.  You are left with a cone shaped piece near the end that I can never seem to get through the Veggetti (even with the pointy attachment).
I haven't had much luck using the attachment.  My wrist starts hurting after using the Veggetti for awhile.
 I usually end up using the julienne peeler because I think it's easier and faster.  If I had to pick one of them, it would be the julienne peeler (and it takes up less space!).
 I stop when I get to the seeds. Sometimes I'll slice up the excess and saute it for another dish.
 To make the veggie noodles: I saute them in some olive oil or coconut oil spray and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  You can use whatever floats your boat.
My favorite way to serve them is with some homemade marinara sauce and veggie meatballs. I really don't miss the pasta!  Have you ever made veggie noodles?  If so, what's your favorite tool to make them and favorite way to eat them?
***
I'm taking the rest of the week off to spend time with my family. Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I don't do this enough!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Very interesting! I haven't tried the Veggiti but I think I just might have to find it! I do love zucchini noodles, any veggie really works for me! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! xo

Bliss said...

I'm not sure I have a Julienne peeler, and I know I don't have a veggetti. But I want some veggie noodles!

Have a nice Thanksgiving dear.

Becky said...

We love the Veggetti to make veggie noodles! I think my favorite is still spaghetti squash though :)

Qbonk said...

Thank you forsharing

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails