Monday, October 26, 2015

{Entertaining} Vintage Glam Halloween at The Hollywood Tower Hotel Sweet 16

Miss High School turned 16 a few weeks ago (got her permit too!). We had fun putting together the decorations for her party that we held at a local restaurant with 30 or so of her closest friends.
 Her theme was Vintage Glam Halloween-Hollywood Tower Hotel and her colors were black, white and red.  I picked up a bunch of flowers the day before the party. We knew we wanted red roses and lucked out with these gorgeous white lilies to go with them.  I thought the spiky Eryngium Thistle was so cool and reminded me of spiders so I got those too. I also got some white filler that looked like little white pom poms.
 

We collected old looking bottles and she printed out labels for them, then used Mod Podge to adhere them to the bottles.  I ordered black and white swirled lollipops from Oriental Trading Company. They looked great and the kids enjoyed them.  Black and white paper straws and menus printed on red card stock were set at each place setting. The spider web doilies were from Michael's.
 

We used all different vases for the flowers and candle holders with different sized white candles.  I had a few mirrors for the tables that reflected the tea lights and decorations.

 We spray painted a few of my thrifted bird cages black as well as this bird cage that we used for a card holder.
She's collected quite a few composer busts from piano recitals and I've used them in my Halloween decor over the years. They were perfect on the tables with the spider web doilies.
To go with the hotel theme, she made these place cards out of vintage looking keys and tags.
 We asked the restaurant to use white table cloths and black napkins.  They said they'd never used black and white in that room before (only burgundy and gold) and they really liked how it looked (so did we!).  You can see the shoes came off early.
 The decor of the room definitely had an old Hollywood vibe with those valances and the chandeliers.  Very bling-y!  We asked everyone to dress up in "cocktail chic" attire on the invitations so they knew it was going to be a fancy event.
The night started off kind of stormy and we even lost power right before we left for the party (luckily it wasn't out at the venue!).  It all went with the theme.
There was a dance floor in the center of the room and they used it after dinner.  Her older sister arrived in time to dj some of the tunes and get them up and dancing.
The regal chair in the back of the room was great for photo ops.
Of course I didn't get any enough photos of the food except this one of the mashed potato bar toppings and dipping sauces for the chicken nuggets. The menu featured two kinds of salad, rolls and butter, penne with blush sauce, macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, mashed potato bar and grilled vegetables.  There was also a dessert table full of Italian pastries and of course we had a fabulous birthday cake for the birthday girl.
The cake was red velvet with cream cheese filling and buttercream icing. 
 It was wrapped in black lace and had red icing roses on top.  Simple and elegant!
I ordered the sparkler candles from Amazon.   They were so dramatic and fun!
We made Oreo white chocolate truffles for the favors and bagged them up with stickers from Ikea and red ribbons. I made a little framed sign to remind them to take one as they left. I'll share the recipe in an upcoming post.  This turned out to be a great party and I was happy to have it out of the house because we were hosting her family party the next morning!  What a special, memorable night!

Let's Keep in Touch!  
Pin It

12 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I LOVE all the details - what a statement those sparkler candles made! So fun! Your girl looks beautiful and so happy. I love that they all got dressed up for such a FUN event! You really are an amazing Mom Heather!!!! This is the coolest party I've seen in a long time!

Tamar SB said...

What a gorgeous and well planned party!!

Love Of Quilts said...

You out did your self, this was awesome.

Kathy McB said...

A very happy, albeit belated, birthday to Miss High School!

Carla from The River said...

Wow, I love it. This is so well done. Thank you for sharing. :-) The photos are great.



Becky said...

What a gorgeous party and such a FUN theme! I love the idea of having it out of the house, but bringing in your own touches!

Jessica Pelasky said...

This looks like so much fun! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather,
Wow what a beautiful party! Thanks for sharing these great ideas with us at Cooking & Crafting with J&J.
Enjoy the week. I hope you have all have a fun Halloween.
Julie xo

Jules said...

Looks like a truly amnazing party, but I amn not surprised. You always throw the very best parties! I am sure Miss High School was beyond thrilled!

Creations By Cindy said...

What a fun and wonderful party! I love all the details! You are woman after my own heart!!! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Dawn Gross said...

What a beat theme for the party! Those sparkler candles are so cool! I'm keeping them in mind for Bill's 50th! You should be a party planner!

Bliss said...

Will you host my 61st birthday party? Since you missed my sweet 16 we can go with that and you've got a few years to plan it. Mom award again, you rock!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails