Monday, November 23, 2015

What I'm Making For Thanksgiving-Vegan Edition

Is everybody (USA peeps) ready for Thanksgiving?  I'm not hosting this year so I'm feeling much more relaxed than I did last year.  I'm still planning on making quite a few things and trying out some new vegan recipes since College Girl will home this year (one more day!). YAY!!
Let's start with dessert, shall we?  I've already made this Salted Date Caramel Chocolate Pie.  It's a frozen pie that keeps for weeks (according to the recipe) in the freezer. It's got an almond coconut crust, creamy date caramel filling and a chocolate mouse topping.  It sounds delicious!
I've also made this Vegan-GF Cornbread.  It's in the freezer and I'll take it out tomorrow to let it sit out and dry up a bit (I can toast it if it's not crispy enough) to make a vegan variation of this stuffing.
(But probably no fennel since I forgot to buy one, oops!)
I could easily eat that stuffing as my main course but I'm thinking of making this Puff Pastry Wrapped Lentil Loaf for the non-turkey eaters.  It's so pretty!
This Kick Ace Extra Sharp Raw Holiday Cheddar Cheese Ball is another new recipe that I made ahead of time and can't wait to try.
The ingredients magically whip up in the Vitamix to create a creamy, cheesy concoction reminiscent of those port wine cheese balls at every 70's get together.  It's chilling in the fridge and I can either make one large or two smaller cheese balls, rolling them in nuts and or spices closer to Thanksgiving.
I've made this I Can't Believe It's Vegan Gravy a few years in a row now and it's a winner so I'll be making it again this year.
We'll be pouring that gravy over the awesome mashed potatoes that Mr. Click makes every year. This photo is from 2013, but he makes at least 20 pounds every year so I don't need to update the photo.

I think that's everything and since I'll have a lot of helpers in the kitchen, I think we can pull it all off. What are you most looking forward to?  I seriously cannot wait to have all four of us here for a nice, long weekend!

Let's Keep in Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

These all sound amazing! I've gotten hints of our friends' menu - my first time eating meat on Thanksgiving, so excited!
We're doing Friendsgiving the weekend after, then I'm making corn bread stuffing!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Looks like the perfect feast! I can't imagine how a year when you ARE hosting would be! That lentil loaf looks delicious! I could easily eat potatoes, stuffing and a roll! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

SOunds Delicious Heather! I'm picking up baby girl tonight! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! laura {not a trophy wife}

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow Heather everything sounds so healthy and delicious! I hope you have a wonderful week and Thanksgiving.
Julie

Karen said...

That dessert sounds amazing! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.....enjoy!!

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather,
Have a blessed Thanksgiving. Fun, Fun that you all will be together.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Carla

Becky said...

Yum! My mom switched to an apple cranberry stuffing a few years ago, I can't stand stuffing, and this stuff is so good, I could make a meal off of it too! I think I'm looking forward to my mom's homemade noodles. Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday :)

Bliss said...

I want to know how that pie turns out, it sounds excellent.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails