Remember this post from last May? It's ok if you don't. I almost forgot about it. To refresh your memory, we were trying to pick out the perfect navy for our master bedroom and I had it narrowed down to these three.
I had the swatches up on our walls for weeks and then finally took them down when they started to gather dust. Fast forward to January and we were back in the home improvement mode and pulled out the swatches again. We decided on Swatch #3 but it's actually called Newburyport Blue (Benjamin Moore) -I cannot get it right! It was the perfect middle ground between the two other blues hues.
Here's the color we had, it's Peanut Shell by Benjamin Moore. To see our bedroom transformation up to this point, click here (really, check out the stencil that came with the house!). I loved the color but I was ready for something new.
I didn't have much time to take "before" shots. We moved the big furniture to the center of the room and took out as much of the other furniture as we could.
We tried Home Depot's Behr Marquee paint this time and color matched it. Before I knew it, the cut-in paint was going up! He's fast!
It was a big, bold change!
as it was drying...
This is what I saw when I came up the stairs. Wow!
The old furniture looked great against the new blue background.
But I wasn't as crazy about the curtains, they looked a little dingy (bad photo).
I found some inexpensive panels at Home Goods that were just what I was looking for to brighten up the room.
The only other new purchases were the mirror over the bed and the faux sheepskin at the foot of the bed (also found at Home Goods).
It feels like a whole new room.
I painted the night stands but that's a story for another post.
So what do you think of my blue-tiful room?
Let's keep in touch!



















15 comments:
LOVE it - what a great color and it suites the space so well!
Hi Heather, I'm visiting from the Show And Share Party. Your room makeover caught my eye. I love the navy walls with the fresh hits of white. Very pretty room! Kudos to you for having the gorgeous to switch to a dark color.
Marie@The Interior Frugalista
I love this color! I also love the textiles you chose! The pillow, drapes, etc. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at the Show and Tell Blog hop!
I am seeing sooo much blue/white furniture and decor at Home Goods these days and I am totally LOVIN' it! Seriously making me think about transforming a room of my own into those gorgeous PENN STATE colors, haha. BTW, I really like the curtains :)
Always so afraid to go dark on my walls. Did it one time and now I am thinking about the priming I will have to do to repaint it! I love the darker colors when I see it somewhere else but I tire of it easy in my home. Loves great in your bedroom.
I love how the navy turned out....it looks beautiful with your furniture and the curtains are the perfect accent!
Very pretty paint color. I like the curtains
Great color - bold and different! Love it :)
I love your blu-tiful room~ I wish I would be that bold as to do this!!! I really like the curtains too and the pillow on the bed gives it a pop! And yes I noticed the nightstand painted differently too! Can't wait to hear your story on that one. My bedroom furniture is actually older furniture but I love it. I might need to redo the colors there!!! OOH...I will have to pray for boldness! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
I LOVE it!!!! Especially with the white trim. Great choice!
I love it!! You did a great job. I love blue and this looks just great.
Oh wow!!! absolutely love how it turned out! I applaud you on trying something so different thatn what you have! I should do the same, and I am an architect but sometines don´t have the boldness to change radically! Good for you!
That color is beautiful! I admit I have always been scared to paint really dark wall colors. I always worry it will make the room feel smaller and cave like. You master bedroom shows me that is not the case at all. It looks cozy and a beautiful spot to rest. Love it!
This looks great, it is a big change. I do like the white nightstands too, I think they really show off against the walls. The curtains..... right in style. Navy is a sexy color if you ask me. Must be because I like men in uniform.
Brave!! It looks beautiful! So warm and inviting!
Post a Comment