Wednesday, February 11, 2015

{Travel} European Vacation - Day 9 London

We wanted to make the most of our short time in London and were up bright and early.  
After a quick breakfast in the hotel we took a cab and asked our driver to stop here....
and to please wait for us while we did...
 ...this!!
My two big Beatles fans had their moment on Abbey Road!
 We hopped back into the cab and got out at Buckingham Palace.
We were so lucky that it happened to be the changing of the guards!
 Get ready for lots of photos around the palace and grounds.



 It was such a gorgeous, sunny day!

 
After taking oodles of photos and walking around the Buckingham Palace area we walked over to see Westminster Abbey and Big Ben.
Big Ben


 Westminster Abbey


This is St. Margaret's Church (I didn't see the sign for no photographs until after I took this one). #oops
 We crossed Westminster Bridge to look for a place for lunch.
 Big Ben & The London Eye
View from the bridge.
 We ate lunch at Troia, a Mediterranean and Middle Eastern restaurant.  This was our hummus appetizer. yum!
 After lunch we stopped in at Starbucks and added to our mug collection.
Getting a closer look at the Eye.
Rebels!
Toasting the London Eye!
{We'll see you, tonight!}
We took the tube back to the hotel to rest up and get ready for our evening.
{View from the lounge of the hotel}.

Keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png


Pin It

11 comments:

Bliss said...

I see London, I see France.......

Kathy McB said...

Can I tell ya how jealous and envious I am that YOU got to be in London when there was actually some SUN!?!?!?? I've been there twice now for a total of about 2 weeks. MAYBE I got 1 day of sun, haha. Loved it anyway tho :).

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Wow! I'd say you made the most of that sunny, special day! The only thing that (might) have made it even more indredible would have been if you caught a glimpse of Baby George ;)

Tamar SB said...

I so didn't see sun in London! In fact the day we did the palace was so wet, our backpacks flooded!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Oh Heather thanks so much for the little tour around London. My family and I were there 2 summers ago and oh how I miss it so much! I loved London so much. Your photos are great!
Julie

Emily, Our house now a home said...

I love that you did the Abby road walk. I would so do that if I went there. It looked like a beautiful and clear day in London which is not always possible. I went years ago and it rained almost the whole time I was there. It looks like your European trip is a dream one, you have been to so many places.

Becky said...

I feel like I'm right there with you! That hummus looks amazing! was it warm?

Carla from The River said...

I visited London in 2006 ~ it is so fun to be back :-)) with you!!
Thank you for sharing.
Carla

Ida said...

You all seem to be having a grand time. Love the London Eye, that would be fun to ride. Of course seeing all the other sights like Buckinham Palace and West Minster Abbey would be equally awesome.

Jules said...

Beautiful pictures as always, but that one of the London Eye....absolutely stunning!!!!!!

Dawn Gross said...

Looks like a great day! Buckingham Palace is gorgeous!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails