Monday, August 4, 2014

{Recipe} Cool Veggie Pizza

Is this a blast from the past or what?  I think it was served at every Pampered Chef party that I attended in the 90's (80's?).  I still have my Pampered Chef stoneware and of course the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer! But I digress...We were invited to a neighborhood party and I was tasked with bringing an appetizer.  This one popped into my head and wouldn't leave so I knew I had to make it.
 It starts with two packages of crescent rolls, rolled out and baked, then cooled.
 You can add any of your favorite veggies and seasonings.
 A creamy, seasoned, cream cheese layer is spread over the cooled crust first.
 Then the veggies join the party.
And a final sprinkling of (optional) cheese.  Cut and slice with a pizza cutter into small(ish) squares.

Cool Veggie Pizza
2 packages of crescent rolls
1 8oz block cream cheese,softened
1/4 cup mayo
1/4-1/2 cup sour cream
Seasonings: Onion flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley, chives & dill weed
Chopped up veggies of your choice: I used carrots, red & yellow peppers, grape tomatoes, broccoli & arugula
Shredded cheese of your choice (I used light Mexican blend)
***
Spread crescent rolls out on baking pan or bread stone. Roll out to cover pan and bake according to package directions.  
Let cool.
Make filling:  Mix softened cream cheese, sour cream & mayo together. Add seasonings to taste (I used my own but you can also use dry ranch dressing mix).
Spread filling on cooled crust.
Spread veggies over filling and sprinkle cheese on top.
Cut up into squares to serve.

This went very quickly at the party. I think I need to start bringing back some more retro recipes. What was your favorite recipe from the 80's or 90's (70's?) that you don't see at parties anymore?

Linking up with:
Pin It

10 comments:

Kathy McB said...

YUM!!!! I think I know what's for dinner around here tonight :)

Carla from The River said...

I am glad you shared this Blast from the Past! :-)
Looks great and I think it will be on this weeks menu. :-)

Tamar SB said...

ok, that is super creative! we gf people need more options for dough like this!

Karen said...

I still make this regularly. It's always a hit! Looks delicious.

Clairejustine oxox said...

Whoo this looks super tasty :)

camp and cottage living said...

OMG, I had totally forgotten about this summer pizza recipe.
I am having company soon and I'm definitely going to serve this for one of the meals!
thanks for reminding me, Heather.

Love Of Quilts said...

Oh My! I know I would totally love that. Now I have to go fine something to eat. I haven't ate supper yet, now I'm hungry.

Bliss said...

One of our family favs, now I wasn't some.

Becky said...

This was a favorite of mine! So yummy! A friend of mine would always make this dip with frozen spinach and Knorr vegetable soup. I might have to message her and get that one!

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Yep, it is awesome pizza, I had it at quite a few pampered chef parties myself, and loved it. I also still have my stone in fact, I just used it this morning to make cookies.
Best kitchen tool I ever bought.
Wondering what happened with pampered chef, haven't heard of them
in years now.
thanks for sharing and for the memories...lol
Blessings, Nellie

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails