Monday, August 18, 2014

{Get Crafty} Glam Dinosaur Ring Dish

I saw one of these quirky ring dishes on Pinterest and it took me to a really fun craft site that sells craft making kits. #greatidea
 Being the impatient and thrifty gal that I am, I picked up the supplies at Michael's and made my own version.
{Supplies needed:}
terracotta saucer
gold spray paint
gold paint pen
dinosaur
hot glue
I made this for Miss High School(yeah..she starts next week!). 
I gave the saucer a few coats of white spray paint but I think it would have looked equally cute in its natural state.  Once it was dry, I added a little message to the bottom with the paint pen.  
The dinosaur got a few coats of gold spray paint.
 I hot glued the dino to the dish and added some more sparkle with the paint pen.
Isn't he the cutest?

Do you follow?
Pin It

16 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe...so cute! Perfect little catch-all! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tamar SB said...

That is so adorable!! How creative and I bet she loved it!

Carla from The River said...

FUN! I love it.
Adding the message on the bottom is a great idea. :-)

Love Of Quilts said...

How Creative you are. Adorable!

Mama Hen said...

I love this! It is such a fun cute idea! I can't wait to try this out. Hope you are having a great rest of the summer!

Mama Hen

Debbiedoos said...

Oh my gosh how adorable! I love this. I actually love all things sharpie.

camp and cottage living said...

This turned out so cute, Heather!
I'm sure Miss High School will love it.

Becky said...

Um, oh my gosh. My oldest would LOVE this!!! Awesome job!!

Jules said...

This is so cute...you really can't beat a gold dinosaur!

Ida said...

Such a cute and fun idea. Coleen has lots of these type of toys lying around. Maybe I'll get creative one day and make one for her using one of her toys.

Dawn said...

How much fun is that!!

Carissa Rasmussen said...

cuuute! I need one of these soo badly!

Carissa Rasmussen said...

I'd love for you to come share it at Outside {the Box} http://www.carissamiss.com/2014/09/outside-box-link-party-no-2.html

Ashley Mayes said...

This is super cute! Found you over at Carissa Miss. Would love to have you link up with us at The DIY'ers each week! http://biggerthanthethreeofus.com/the-diyers-16/

Kyla Herbes said...

love this idea! super simple but really fun! found you on the carissa miss link up party =) kyla @ http://houseofhipsters.com

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Heather, this is so cute! I so love anything in gold! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at The Round-Up from the Before & After party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/09/the-round-up-from-before-after-wednesday_23.html Hope to see you a little later on at the party. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails