Thursday, August 30, 2012

{Travel} Beach Vacation-Part 2

In case you missed my last post, we had a beach getaway a few weeks ago.
Later that week my sister and her kids came to visit for the day.



We got down to the beach early to scope out the perfect spot. 
 Our beach cart (from Costco) really came in handy.

It looks a little overcast but I kinda liked it that way.
My niece and daughter soaking up the rays (the sun did come out).
 My nephew spent about 3 hours of not stop boogie boarding.

That night we all went to the boardwalk for an early dinner.
And some bumper car bumpin',
henna tattoo gettin'
and go-cartin',

shoppin', posin', flower picture takin' and white pant relaxin'.
 

The next morning we rented bikes, mine was the pink one.
We did about 8 miles.  It was wonderful!

We returned to Smithville, that cute shopping village we had visited earlier in the week.

Our view at lunch.

Funky looking ducks that seemed to have the run of the place.

Apparently I enjoyed taking photos of flowers.
Lots and lots of flowers...
 
and red doors, brick pathways and....

hanging white lanterns.

 
There was a train, a carousel and a bakery.

You could even stay right in the village in a quaint bed and breakfast.
I wanted a family photo before half of my family left for a few days...at least one...so I wrangled everybody down to the beach that night.
It was getting dark, I set up the tripod and tried to use my remote but it wasn't working.
Somehow we managed to get a decent one.
It was a lot darker than it looks in the picture...don't know how we pulled it off.

Linking up with:
Pin It

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Such a cute place.

edenhills said...

It looks like a wonderful place for a vacation!

Shatzi LoveandLaundry said...

It looks beautiful! I love the beach! This makes me so nostalgic! Too bad we live so far away. =( Thank you for sharing at the Weekend Wonders party!!

Bliss said...

Look at you all purdy on the beach! Stay away from the crapping quackers.

~Bliss~

Katie said...

This looks like such a great vacation!

I really want one of those beach carts! I always see people using them, and I am always falling all over carrying all of my stuff myself!

Candice Wilkinson said...

Wow...I thought those beach experiences only happened in movies. I guess I need to come and have a vacation near a beach cause yours looked like fun!

Candice
www.lillythroughthevalley.blogpspot.com

Candice Wilkinson said...

Wow...I thought those beach experiences only happened in movies. I guess I need to come and have a vacation near a beach cause yours looked like fun!

Candice
www.lillythroughthevalley.blogpspot.com

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails