Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{Travel} Beach Vacation-Part 1

We snuck away for a week at the beach right before our oldest started college.
Packing for a {short drive} road trip vacation is a bit different than a plane trip.

Our first stop was Starbucks.
Before we knew it, we were crossing the bridge and smelling that sea air.
After a quick look at our condo, we grabbed some lunch at a favorite seafood place.

The chowder never disappoints.
On our way back we saw this "just married" car.
Can you read what's on the mirror?
Our older daughter was meeting us down there after she finished work so the three of us headed to the boardwalk for some dinner.
And some fro-yo for dessert.
A little boardwalkin'...

and back 'home' to meet up with our daughter.
'Home' for the weekend was a two bedroom condo that we got for a steal. It was great to spread out and to have a kitchen/living/dining area was a huge plus!
So the view wasn't quite beachy, we were only a few blocks from the beach. 
I enjoyed my book and coffee the next morning and the town woke up.
We had a nice day at the beach.


We also visited a cute little shopping village to check it out before dinner.

It was adorable and closing shortly so we took a quick look around and went to dinner.
Miss Vegan found this place on yelp.
The sign on the front door was promising.
This garlic lovers hummus appetizer was superb, as were all of our entrees.
 

We walked on the beach after dinner.
My favorite times on the beach are early morning or early evening, when it's not so crowded.
 
to be continued...

Linking up with:

Pin It

23 comments:

Ai Sakura said...

looks like such a great trip! :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

dee dee said...

Oh the beach.... I am so green with envy! Love it!
dee dee

chrissy said...

love the bright colours in the fro-yo shot!

bailey k. said...

Lovely! And your daughters are gorgeous! Looks like you guys had fun. Great photos! :)

Remember to link this up to this week's Travel Party on my blog! Thanks!!

http://www.letbirdzfly.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-places-youll-go-travel-party-6.html

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Wonderful photos of a fun time ~ Love them! ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Bliss said...

I can't read the mirror. I'm taking your post to the optometrist to prove I need glasses.

~Bliss~

Katie said...

It looks like such a great trip! I love the beach on the "off hours" too - its so much fun when its less crowded!

I couldn't read what was on the just married car's mirror :( But my work computer doesn't have a great screen!

Morgan said...

This looks like so much fun! What a great trip. I'm glad you got to get away with your family for a little while. :)

Tanya @ Lovely Greens said...

'Do not throw clam shells' - Brilliant! lol

Lovely vacation photos Heather and good luck to your college-bound daughter :)

anitamombanita said...

Looks like you had a great trip! Fun photos!

Leovi said...

Awesome, awesome pictures, happy holidays, I love the photo of the umbrella. Greetings.

debra said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Fun Post!

Lori said...

What a great collection of memories, I truly understand Starbucks first. Love these photos.

Amy Harrison said...

Love the photos :) Really great post :D
Have a good day
Amy x
http://dontfeedthebirdsplease.blogspot.co.uk/

Claudia Willison said...

That looks like a gorgeous week away! Being at the beach is always a plus in my book ;)

My contribution today for Alphabe - Thursday: Oakridge NJ @ ImagesByCW

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I could almost hear the ocean...

Marietta Nixon said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! My oldest made us take an impromptu vacation like that. She slyly slipped a 'vacation rentals santa monica' onto my dresser and the next day I was booking the place. It was just what we needed for the end of the summer. It was the best!

Karen S. said...

Oh thank you! This was fun!..and it didn't cost me one penny! Of course it was hard to feel the warmth but it was fun seeing!

Emille said...

Isn't the beach refreshing! Heat during the day, and good food and a cool breeze at night!I live 20 min. from the beach, so it's great to go there any time I want to!

Brooke said...

Looks wonderful!

Brooke

=)

Judie said...

Our best vacations have always been beach vacations. Now, we actually LIVE at the beach. We're happy!!!

Andy David said...

Great trip with a beautiful family.

Jenny said...

I love your shoes!

And even though I clicked on the picture with the mirror I could only see the top word which I think was "sexy".

This looks like so much fun!

We're hoping to get to the beach Mid-October!

Walking on the beach pretty much cures all woes...at least for me!

Thanks for an outstanding link for the letter 'O'.

A+

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails