Monday, August 6, 2012

My Mom's Garden Tour


If you follow me on "the gram," (@heather_ourlife )you may have seen this sneak peek of my mom's gorgeous garden.
It's become a bit of a tradition now to go out to lunch and get a tour of my mom's garden so won't you come along?

Everywhere you look, there's an explosion of color.
Love this funky-shaped tree.
Some sweet smelling phlox.
"Selfie" in the gazing ball.
These white hydrangeas (can't remember the variety) are the color of chardonnay.
My mom plants things to bloom all through the seasons.
There were so many different shades of green too.



My pretty garden nymph was along for the photo tour.
The pink hydrageas are Pinky Winky (that one I remember!)
Mom is so knowledgable and loves to share the information.
More Pinky Winkies...













The arbor is new and so are the climbing roses.
Aren't these comb flowers cool?
More views....




A pretty garden path...
Some realistic statuary...
Learning about the Beauty Berry.
Winding up our tour at the front porch.



I hope you enjoyed our tour.
To see last year's tour, you can find it here.

Linking up with:
Alphabe-Thursday
Creative Inspiration
Pin It

23 comments:

jeanetteann said...

I certainly did enjoy it. Your mums garden is an absolute delight. x

Kimberly said...

Beautiful!

scrappymo! said...

Your Mum's garden is gorgeous. Thanks for the little tour.

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! Her garden is beautiful! It must be such a lovely spot to sit and have lunch!

Love Of Quilts said...

Love a pretty garden!

Bliss said...

Looks like mom definitely has a green thumb. Or maybe a pinky winky finger?

~Bliss~

EG CameraGirl said...

Very nice garden. Thanks for the tour! Pinky-winky is a name I'll probably remember too. :))

edenhills said...

This is beautiful! I imagine she must spend a lot of time making it look that wonderful.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

How lovely! I would love to have lunch and a tour on a summer's day...

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Oh Wow! Such a wonderfully beautiful garden tour ~ wish you lived nearby ~ thanks, (A Creative Harbor)

Erika said...

What a wonderful garden. The weird shaped tree is a great addition!

Naperville Now said...

o my o my -- fabulous color and shapes and textures. A+ for your Mom's green thumb.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Lovely and Luscious! Makes me Lyrical.

Riet said...

What a beautiful garden, thank you for the tour.

Sue said...

*sigh*

Gorgeous!

=)

zongrik said...

i like the funky shaped tree best also

lamb's wool

Lmkazmierczak said...

Delightful♫ Gave me some ideas♪

Annesphamily said...

I love this garden tour! I want to steal your mom away! We are mire din weeds from all the heat this year and no budget for a garden! I want an arbor in y yard too! Everything is so pretty and colorful. Have a terrific week.

VBR said...

Your mom's garden is gorgeous. She puts a great deal of thought and love into her work there. This was a great post for letter L. Thanks for sharing with us.

Splendid Little Stars said...

a wonderful garden tour! How lovely! I really like hydrangeas and pinky winky is very pretty. The comb flowers are very cool!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness!

This is magnificent!

Your Mom must have an entirely green BODY! This is waaay more than a green thumb.

I need to befriend her so I can hang out there, too.

Even though it's a long commute from AZ I think it would be fabulous!

Thanks for such a lovely link for the letter 'L'.

A+

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

What a lovely garden tour! The "comb" flowers are actually coneflowers. I planted some in my garden this year.

Morgan said...

I was browsing your latest entries and this popped up as a suggestion. What a beautiful garden your mom has!! It's amazing! She has worked so hard obviously! What a lovely place to hang out with a cup of coffee or tea. :) I love the roses and hydrangeas.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails