Thursday, August 2, 2012

{Pinned} Disney's Dole Whip

This is one of our favorite treats when we go to Disney World.
It is the famous Dole Whip and if you stay at (or visit)Disney's Polynesian Resort, you can make your own Dole Whip at Captain Cook's quick service restaurant.  This one has vanilla soft serve mixed in and you see we barely fill our cups.  If you're on the Disney Dining Plan this counts as a snack or dessert!
The only other place to get one is in Adventureland in Magic Kingdom and the line is usually quite LONG!
My youngest daughter has been craving one, after all it's been almost a year since our last trip to Disney(well, for some of us..older daughter just went there in May for her senior trip). 
 I found a version on Pinterest and we tried it.
We halved the original recipe.  
Drain a 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple, reserving 1TBS of the juice.
Combine the crushed pineapple, 1 TBS of lemon juice, 1 TBS of lime juice, 1 TBS of reserved pineapple juice and half of 1/3 cup of sugar (so 1/6 but who has a 1/6 measuring cup?) in a blender or food processor.
Process until smooth.
Putting the lid on first helps make it less disastrous.
Pour the mixture into a 1 quart resealable bag and freeze for 1 1/2 - 2 hours until slushy.
While it's freezing, take a vacation break with me.
We also had Dole Whips in Disney Land! 
Here she is enjoying a Dole Whip Float.
Back to the recipe...
When your mixture is frozen and slushy, whip up 1 cup of heavy cream until fluffy.
Stir in the frozen pineapple mixture and combine.  Return to freezer until completely frozen (about 1 hour) and serve.
It's not quite as smooth and delicious as the real Dole Whip but it was tasty enough.  
We called it Pineapple Fluff.
Looks like I better start planning our next trip...

Linking up with:
Pin It

27 comments:

The Suttons said...

Yum, that looks amazing! :) Thanks for sharing your recipe! -Mia

Debbiedoo's said...

Oh wow, this looks yummy Heather. Thanks so much for sharing with the copy cats! Enjoy!~

Z-Kids said...

Yum!

Paula Parrish said...

I linked over from “Welcome Wednesday” link up party sponsored by “Take It From Me”. I am your newest follower, and I would love it if you could follow back. ;o)

Paula Parrish said...

This recipe sounds super yummy to me, I love everything with pineapple in it. Thanks for sharing. ;o)

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Yum! I want one! :D

Linking from Debbiedoo's,
xo,
Ricki Jill

Sue said...

I think I had some of this at the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk. It was good!

=)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

What a perfect snack for a hot summer day!

Shawn said...

Looks fantastic, wish I would have seen this before the Grands went home!

anitamombanita said...

yummy!

VBR said...

a big yumyumyum goes to this post!

Cheryl said...

That looks amazing and really easy to make too! I must try!

Katie said...

I think another Disney trip is definitely in order! If only to get one of these - they look amazing! My parents stayed in Polynesian Resort for their honeymoon, I wonder if they had this!

Love Of Quilts said...

Yummy!

Our Village is a Little Different said...

That looks pretty close! I would love it, I'm sure!

Lmkazmierczak said...

Thanks for sharing your how to photos...we'll try it for sure♫♪

Claudia Willison said...

Never had the original one, since I have never been to Disney World. But yours looks delicious!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Looks yummy Heather! My oldest daughter loves pineapple and I will definitely forward this to her!

Kristen said...

Oh YUM! We spend more money at the Dole Whip booth when we are at Disneyland than any other vendor! Can't wait to try this one!

Anonymous said...

We are heading to Florida in 10 days for our first trip to Disney. I already have dole whip high on my to do list. Can't wait to try them. ;)

Bliss said...

I have never had Dole dip. Dammm you! (My thighs made me type that).

~Bliss~

Toia said...

I never had Dole whip, but I do like how you insert the quick tip about putting the top in the blender. You will be surprise how many people forget. Thanks for the recipe. Love the pics.

Heidi Fowler said...

I love these at Disney! Now I can make my own. Thanks.

Kelly HTandT said...

Pineapple, fluff, what a cool name! I love it, sounds sensational. I've never heard of dole whip, but pineapple fluff sounds like something I'd enjoy :) Nice pics too!

Heidi Fowler said...

I’m so glad you linked this up at One Creative Weekend! I love it! I’d love for you to join the party again tomorrow.

Jenny said...

This looks scrumptious, Miss Heather.

Jocelyn said...

It looks delicious and refreshing to me. Perfect for still hot summer days! I love the pictures of your daughter helping to make it:-)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails