Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday Open House - Entry Tree

My mom offered us this tree when she moved into her new place. It's huge and very heavy but it fits perfectly in our entryway.  I usually leave it unadorned because it's prelit with white lights and covered in pine cones so it looks pretty as is (see above).

Our Christmas wrapping this year under the tree (gifts for family and friends). I have an enormous roll of brown shiny paper so I coordinate with that every year.  This year I'm using red ribbon and the Ikea tags I bought here.  The tree skirt is from Kmart at the end of last season. It's by Jaclyn Smith.
Here is last year's wrapping.
(and no tree skirt)

Here's the tree last year, you can get a better idea of how tall it is.
I decorated the tree this year with my snowy collection of ornaments.  Anything white or snow themed. I have had these dainty Moravian stars for years.

My talented aunt crocheted all of these delicate snowflake ornaments.
She also created these sparkly beaded snowflakes. (I said she was talented, didn't I?)

One of my favorite homemade snowflakes.

Another homemade ornament made out of salt dough.

One year we painted these craft store wood snowflakes with white paint,sprinkled them with glitter and attached wire to the back with hot glue. Easy!

A sweet little mitten ornament.

Now all decorated!
We also have a real tree, a Disney tree and a white tree and maybe a few more...
Linking up with:
For The Love Of 4
Pin It

5 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I love the tree in the foyer, just as it is, what a relief to not have to decorate it, a good idea! Love the brown paper wrap with the colored bows too. Looks like you are ready too! Come say hi ;D

Life in Rehab said...

It looks like chocolate under your tree! Very nicely done! I love how your whole display looks.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your tree is wonderful. Love all the ornaments. Great idea on the brown paper. Looks fabulous. Hugs, Marty

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Now that is a variety of trees. Love them all. Always sad when they have to come down.

Marissa said...

very pretty! Love the wrapping :)

Guess we need a bigger house, because we only have one tree...my mom in law has SEVEN! Love your disney treen and your entry tree...VERY pretty!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails