Monday, December 5, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016-What We Made

We didn't host Thanksgiving but we still made a lot of food for the "veggies" in the group.
 I tried some new recipes and also made some old favorites.
Buffalo Chickpea Dip
This is definitely an old favorite. I knew there'd be a lot of appetizers so I made a half recipe of the dip.

Thanksgiving Dressing/Stuffing by Pioneer Woman
Stuffing is one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving so I take it seriously. This year I made Pioneer Woman's recipe and I have made it in year's past but this year I veganized it.
I made this cornbread from the Happy Herbivore.  I cut the stuffing recipe down because it serves 18. I made 1/3 of it and we still had leftovers.  The stuffing is half cornbread, half sour dough bread. Yum!
I Can't Believe It's Vegan Gravy by Veg Web
This has been my go-to gravy recipe for Thanksgiving. It's perfect on mashed potatoes and biscuits.
The Best Damn Vegan Biscuits by Minimalist Baker
These biscuits were so light and fluffy! I will definitely make them again.

Cranberry Sauce  by Food Network
At the last minute we decided we needed some fresh cranberry sauce so we whipped up a quick batch.
The Best Vegan Broccoli Salad by Hummusapian
I wanted a special salad that I could make ahead and this one was perfect.  The dressing is made out of cashews, not mayo.  

We also made roasted vegetables. We tossed brussels sprouts, cauliflower, red onion, garlic, butternut squash and fennel with some olive oil and salt and pepper then roasted them at 400F for about 45-50 minutes.
Mr. Click always makes the mashed potatoes.  This year he made 20 pounds for the group.
Caramel Apple Vegan No-Bake Cheesecake by Connoisseurus Veg
I made a half version of this cheesecake and it was SO good!  This is how it's described on the site, "Graham cracker crust is layered with date caramel, roasted peanuts, and creamy cashew-based vegan no-bake cheesecake topped with tender chunks of cinnamon-simmered apples and a rich peanut butter drizzle".  I couldn't have said it better!
Here's a picture of my second plate of food later that night. My first one was blurry.  What was your favorite food on Thanksgiving?
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So good!!! I am hosting friensgiving this weekend! Cannot wait for real Thanksgiving food!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, wow this sounds like a delicious and healthy Thanksgiving meal. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J. Enjoy the week.
Julie xo

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

That's my kind of Thanksgiving! Everything looks delicious especially that cornbread! It's been a crazy week but I'm playing catch-up, hope your Wednesday is a good one!!!

Creations By Cindy said...

That dip looks yummy! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Clairejustine oxox said...

Some amazing recipes hear Heather, I have just woke up and I want to eat, yummy :)

Jessica Pelasky said...

Everything looks tasty!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails