Friday, December 23, 2016

Holiday Home Tour 2016

Welcome to our holiday home.  We haven't changed too much but there are a few new items in the mix.
 The white tree in the living room is still holding court and being pretty sparkly in our front window.
 Hovering over the piano are my Starbucks Cup Angels and here's the 2.0 Version of them.
What's new in the family room? Well our newly Painted Built Ins and mantle, that's what! It was fun decorating the shelves this year with little bits of holiday. The mantle is still jam packed with red and white decorations and candles..lots of candles!  The bear pillow is new too but it's just a pillow cover. Much easier to store and he adds some wintry whimsy to the room.
Speaking of the shelves in our newly painted built ins.  My oldest told me the elephant needed a hat, so a hat he shall have.
I think I found him the perfect one. It was on a jingle bell necklace from the Dollar Tree.  I saved the bell and hung it on the back of a door for some jingle.
 Looking into the family room from the kitchen. Our enormous tree takes up a lot of room but I love it just the same.
 This is a new nativity set made by Miss High School.  She left the wise man at school but he'll be reunited with the rest of them after break.
 Looking into the kitchen from the family room.  The checked pillow is another pillow cover that I found on Amazon.
Peeking out in our entry is the entry tree.
 Our entry tree is a hand me down from my parents.  We decorate it in snow related ornaments.
 Walking up the steps, you can see the white tree (decorated in blues and silvers).
 I love our little bedroom tree. We got it when Miss High School outgrew this one (each of the girls have their own tree and ornaments).
 I couldn't resist this pillow at Michael's, it's was 70% off!  The stocking was made by grandmother.  It's a treasure for sure.
Heading back down the stairs and stopping on the landing you see the Chalk Painted Mirror with its Ikea wreath.  It really glows and lights up that area!  Also, how stunning are the black banisters that were just painted?  I used red pipe cleaners to hang the garland on the banister this year.
 Our den (second entry) also got a new pillow cover for the chair and I threw a blanket scarf over the back to cozy it up.
 We had a tiny bit of snow and a lot of ice last weekend but it looked so pretty behind my Christmas village and snow family.
 Our wrapping this year, the presents are under the snowy themed entry tree.  I loved the nerdy animal gift tags.
 I can't forget our kitchen transformation in the tour.  Both windows got some new buffalo check valances which go nicely with the cabinets. I always hang this little faux pine swag with mistletoe above the window.
This little sign was also from Michael's.
 Down to the basement where we have our Disney tree.  This is always the first one I put up every year.
The new-to-me thrifted plates fit right in with my Disney plates.  How I hang plates for the holidays, here.
Finally, our holiday card 2016. From our family to yours, wishing you the happiest of holidays! Thank you for stopping by, reading, commenting and for supporting my blog. I really do love you a latte!  
Last year's Holiday Home Tour- Part 1 & Part 2.
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I love that elephant!! Your home is so festive and cheery!

Paige Rose said...

Love your village & fireplace!! Happy Holidays!

Paige.Rose From Www.thequaintsanctuary.blogspot.com

Debbiedoos said...

Looks beautiful Heather! Every little detail is so warm and bright. Merry Christmas!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I LOVE the way your house looks, beautiful and so festive! Love your Wintery Village and all the details - the pillows, the trees, it's all stunning! Oh and I love your card this year! Merry Christmas my friend! ����

Dawn Gross said...

You go all out! Love all the trees! Your Christmas card is great! Merry Christmas!

Dawn Gross said...

You go all out! Love all the trees! Your Christmas card is great! Merry Christmas!

Dawn Gross said...

You go all out! Love all the trees! Your Christmas card is great! Merry Christmas!

Dawn Gross said...

You go all out! Love all the trees! Your Christmas card is great! Merry Christmas!

Dawn Gross said...

You go all out! Love all the trees! Your Christmas card is great! Merry Christmas!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Everything looks beautiful Heather. Have a lovely time with your family :) Merry Christmas.

Creations By Cindy said...

I love it all Heather! Everything looks so warm and inviting and of course Christmasy! The family picture is adorable. I love how that turned out. I do hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. We surely did. Thanks for sharing your home. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails