Monday, December 19, 2016

Philly at Christmastime

Spending a day in the city was the perfect way to get us in the holiday spirit.
 Our first stop was Dilworth Park and the Christmas Village.
 This garden in the center of it all was magical.
Requisite selfie in the park.
 The topiaries were awesome.
 A fabulous winter garden.
There were vendors set up all around City Hall.
I especially liked this section with wooden cabins for the vendors. It reminded me of the Christmas villages in Paris.  (Our Paris/London trip starts here).
One vendor(Kathe Wohlfahrt) had a huge heated tent so we strolled in for the warmth. I so glad we did.  I had never heard of the them but I was mesmerized by the displays.
First we noticed the little wooden village sets and I have one from my childhood so wanted to add to my collection.  But the lighted arches were really captivating. The Schwibbogen tradition (read about it above) is fascinating.
 The sets are quite spendy but gorgeous. Maybe one day....
 After we finished up at the village, we went to Reading Terminal Market for lunch. We had lunch at an Irish pub and I loved my salad (except for the beets!). #nobeetsforme  Reading Terminal Market deserves it's own post. It was so crowded, I didn't even take photos but it's definitely an experience!
 We went to Macy's after lunch to watch the light show. It's been a Philly tradition for years. The show runs every hour and it's free, you just need grab a spot for optimal viewing.
We also went to HipCityVeg for a milkshake (pumpkin pie!) and ordered some take out for dinner. So many good things on the menu, it was hard to decide what to get. Everything was delicious!!
Here's my little wooden set that I added to my collection, a nice memento from a special day!
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So much festive fun!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Thank you for that fun tour around the city! 🎄

Carla from The River said...

Merry Christmas Heather!
I love German work. I went to a German Christmas Market in Chicago. It was so amazing.
I love your new additions.
I always enjoy your travel posts.
Happy Christmas to you and your family.
Carla

Jessica Pelasky said...

Everything looks so pretty! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Dawn Gross said...

Pumpkin pie milkshake!!! Looks like a fun day in the park!

Clairejustine oxox said...

It looks great here, I would love to take a walk around :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails