Monday, January 25, 2016

Wrapping up our holidays

The holidays seem like a distant memory right now and I want to make sure I remember them.   I enjoyed being home and keeping up with  all of our regular traditions.  Last year's Christmas in Paris was amazing, but there's no place like home!
Cookies were made.
 We also made dark and white chocolate bark with pepitas(pumpkin seeds) and dried cranberries.
 College Girl and her friend came out to see Mr. Click's band (here I am creepin' on them at the bar).
 We saw the Force Awakens and loved it!
 Visited a favorite super decorated Christmas store to get the girls an ornament for their trees.
 They even got in the sleigh for us.
 They went ice skating.
 We snuck in a lunch date at the mall and didn't even need to buy any gifts.
 

On Christmas eve our neighborhood gets together to put out luminaries every year, it always looks so magical!
 

We went out to dinner and then to Christmas Eve services at our church.
Another shot of the luminaries.
I used my French gift tags and London tape to wrap my presents.
 We hosted Christmas brunch for the grandmas.


The girls planned and cooked most of the brunch. Miss High School made Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Buns (putting on the maple glaze).  I was in charge of mimosas and fruit salad.
So good!
 Hubby made the eggs and hash browns (these hash brown patties from Trader Joe's made it so easy and we didn't have to use the already booked up stove!). College Girl made the tofu scramble because she makes the best!  Yumm-o!
 Mimosas anyone?
Miss High School set the dining room table for brunch.
She found this napkin bow idea on Pinterest.
The brunch bunch!
 Getting ready for more festivities.
 Christmas dinner was at my brother's new house.   It was perfect for hosting a big crowd (16 for dinner!).  He made that beautiful table too!  It's actually two tables pushed together.
 We managed to fit everyone in the pic. Love our selfie stick!
 The rest of the break was a pretty relaxing mix of staying home (watched lots of movies) and going out (visiting the pretty lights again).
 The girls and I went to see the movie "Sisters".
So funny!
 I spent some time coloring in my new coloring book.
 I made these Vegan/GF Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes when we had our friends over for dinner.
 We had our traditional sushi dinner on New Year's Eve.  This year we went out for sushi!
Finally, we celebrated with Mr. Click's family right before the kids had to go back to school.  The cousins all get presents and the adults play "Cutthroat Christmas".

Oh, and I got a new "big girl camera" for Christmas. It's my first full frame DSLR and I've been wanting one for a long time.  I'm still figuring it out and getting used to the buttons and dials.   I'm excited to see what it can do!  Thanks for sticking with me if you made it through this whole  (long) belated post!

Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png

Pin It

10 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather,
It looks like you had a wonderful holiday with family at home. I hope you survived the big snow we had. We got buried with 26 inches of snow. Have a wonderful day.
Julie xo

Tamar SB said...

I love the luminaries!!!

Carla from The River said...

Fun, fun. I love the luminaries. Beautiful.
Have fun with your new camera. :-)

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love this - so much fun my friend! The picture of your family "The Brunch Bunch" is my favorite - what a BEAUTIFUL family! I love taking a peek into your fabulous holiday! I can't believe it's been a year since PARIS!!! Oh and we saw the Force Awakens too - loved it. Silly to say that my hubby saw it on OPENING night and twice more since. Yup, he's that obsessive Star Wars middle aged man ;) and proud!

Paige Rose said...

Everything looks so lovely. I'm already missing Christmas..way to fast this year!!! All the food loooked amazinggggg..holy yum!! Enjoy your new camera & have fun with it!!! ;)

Paige.Rose
from
www.TheQuaintSanctuary.blogspot.com

Becky said...

What a wonderful holiday. I'm like you I can hardly believe it's gone!

Jules said...

Looks like your holiday season was wonderful. Love those luminaries! And so excited for you on the new camera!

Dawn Gross said...

Brunch looked fabulous - I like the napkin bows (and the mimosas)! The luminaries were beautiful. We go to Christmas Eve service too and the lighting of the candles gets me every time. Happy New Year!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I loved looking at your holiday wrap up with all your wonderful pictures. I am so excited for you with your big girl camera! How awesome! Wishing I had some of those cinnamon rolls right now too! You all look like you had a wonderful holiday season. So many fun things! Have a great day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Morgan said...

Your house is so cozy for the holidays! I love Christmas lights so much.
It's so fun to make special desserts just for Christmas. I love to do that too.
Wasn't Force Awakens so good!? We loved it!
Your girls are too cute in that sleigh! Glad they are good sports. :)
Wow all the luminaries down the street look so amazing. That is so cool that your neighborhood works together to do that.
Your Christmas brunch sounds amazingly delicious! I'm sure the grandmas were loving it!
And your daughter set a beautiful table!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails