Tuesday, January 19, 2016

{Entertaining} Host a Holiday Crafternoon

Does the idea of sitting around with your girlfriends, drinking cocktails and crafting the afternoon away sound like a dream?  It did to me too until that dream became a reality when my friend G invited us over for our first holiday "crafternoon"!
I can't take any credit for this get together, I just showed up with my girls and a bottle of Pinot Grigio.
We started our crafternoon with a toast and some yummy snacks.
G's house is always decorated so perfectly but she really kicks it up a notch for Christmas.
I mean, come on!
The dining room was all set up for us to craft away.
When we finally got down to business, she showed us some of her ideas from Pinterest.
The table was set up with a cheerful gingham tablecloth and craft paper place mats at each seat.
She had so many supplies set up for us to play with.
C brought along supplies to make Mason jar snow globes to give out as Christmas gifts. They featured army men and dinosaurs.  So cool!  (You can see the finished product on my Instagram @heather_ourlife).
It was a little overwhelming to figure out what to make, so many options!
There were pinecones, acorns, fabric, yarn, clear ornaments, paint chips, bakers twine, paint, glitter, glue, you name it....
A few of us settled on making some gnomes out of toilet paper tubes, felt and faux fur. Their little noses were wooden beads.
I think they turned out really cute!
Here are a few of our crafts from the day (gnomes, paint chip tree ornament, glitter ornaments, the start of some gnome cottages)...
and some finished gnomes hanging out with Santa.   It was such a fun and relaxing afternoon that got me into the holiday spirit(and back into the crafting groove!).
This doesn't just have to take place at Christmastime either, I think a "Gal-entine's Day Crafternoon" would be a lot of fun too.  Are you in?
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a fun idea and afternoon!

Cathy Carroll said...

This sounds like such a fun afternoon. I may have to host one myself. Thanks for sharing. Cathy

Dawn Gross said...

So much fun crafting with friends! Those gnomes are adorable!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love this idea so very much! The holidays are always so busy and it's tough to get handmade gifts and projects done, what a wonderful way to be crafty and visit with your girlfriends!!! I think it would be a great thing to do in the winter too when so many of us have cabin fever!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, what a fun day!!!! I would LOVE to do this, but NONE of my friends are crafters, just drinkers. So we just do the wine part. Hahaha

Creations By Cindy said...

Heather, looks so fun and I love the name!!! This would be a fun thing to do with some friends. Or even for me...my grands! Love this idea! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

Yes, I am in. I need a airplane ride to your house and yes, I am in! I want to join your book club too.
:-))
I love it. What a fun event to put on with friends. I will be doing this idea.
Carla

Clairejustine oxox said...

Oh wow, this looks like so much fun!! I would love to do this :)

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

Morgan said...

This sounds like the best time! I recently made a bunch of little crafts for Valentine's Day, but it would have been more fun to do with some girlfriends and if there had been snacks. ;)

Julie's Lifestyle said...

What a fun way to craft with friends.
Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

Jessica Pelasky said...

This sounds like SO much fun!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails