Friday, January 29, 2016

Cottage Cheese - Sweet & Savory

Friday snack break!!  I go through phases with my snacks and I was on a cottage cheese roll there for awhile.   I only like one kind of cottage cheese, Breakstone's 2% low fat, small curd variety.  Other brands and curds don't have the right texture for me.

It's got 10 grams of protein per 1/2 cup serving!  Plain old cottage cheese can get boring and my usually go-to was apples and cinnamon sugar when I wanted a sweet variety.   I would eat it plain, right out of the carton if I wasn't in the mood for sweet.  I needed some new ideas!
Here's a version that I discovered and really like, it is bananas, shredded unsweetened coconut and sunflower seeds.  Fresh mango is another delicious sweet addition.  
Sometimes I'm in the mood for a savory cottage cheese snack. It's good just spread on crackers but I also like to add the spices from an everything bagel to a bowl of it.   I don't measure, just shake on some garlic powder, onion powder, onion flakes, poppy seeds, Himalayan sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.  Delicious!  Are you a cottage cheese lover or hater?  What's your favorite way to enjoy it?

Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png

Pin It

7 comments:

Tamar SB said...

When I could eat dairy I could never even try it! It weirds me out for some reason!
Sounds like a really healthy snack, though!

Kelleyn Rothaermel said...

I never thought to try it with banana! Looks good!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I LOVE these ideas! I get in a rut so I definitely will be trying these soon!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love cottage cheese too! I hope you have a wonderful weekend sweetie and hope you're feeling better! :)

Becky said...

I love cottage cheese! I usually just eat it with salt and pepper, but sometimes I'll add it to my salad instead of dressing. We eat it as a side dish for dinner too :)

Carla from The River said...

I like it. :-) I like it with peaches as a sweet treat. I am going to try your sweet version, sounds yummy!

Debbiedoos said...

That looks simply delicious Heather! Especially after all the bad eating I have been doing. The cruise ship put me over the edge of bad lol.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails