Monday, December 7, 2015

{Recipe} White Chickpea Chili

I used to love the White Chicken Chili at Cheesecake Factory (seriously, it's the best).  I don't eat chicken anymore and after our Halloween/Chili Cook Off I realized that I need to add a few more vegetarian chilies to my repertoire.
I could have made a white chili with fake chicken to replicate Cheesecake Factory's version but I decided to not use any fake meat and use what I had in my pantry.   I used this recipe as my starting off point.  This is such an easy weeknight favorite and comes together quickly in one pot.

White Chickpea Chili
Ingredients:
1 tsp olive oil (I used TJ's coconut oil spray)
1-2 small yellow onions (I used one large red)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, minced (use more or less depending on how spicy you like it) I used canned.
2 cans of chick peas, rinsed and drained, divided
1 can of Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
Cilantro (I used frozen cubes)
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano
4 cups veggie broth
 1 TBS fresh lime juice (I used bottled)
1 cup frozen corn 
Salt & Pepper to taste.
To make:
Saute onions, garlic and jalapeno in pot with olive oil or spray for about 5 minutes.  Rinse and drain your beans, keeping one can of chickpeas in a separate small bowl. Mash these beans with a potato masher or fork until most beans have been smashed.
Add spices to onion mixture in pan and stir to coat, cooking for about 1 minute. Add broth, lime juice, both kinds of beans and the corn.  Bring to boil, reduce heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.   
 Serve with any toppings you like: cheese, cilantro, sour cream, avocado, lime wedges and tortilla chips.  
Would also be good over brown rice (like CCF serves it). I don't even miss the chicken!

Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Pin It

7 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Oo sounds great! I love the TJ coconut oil spray!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I AM MAKING THIS THIS WEEK! I always love your recipes and this one looks like it would stretch well during a busy week! I need it! I think we'll be out straight till Christmas!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

This does look like a nice week night meal.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

Becky said...

Yum! I love chickpeas too...

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I always appreciate your recipes. I am pinning. :-)

Jessica Pelasky said...

This sounds so delicious!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Dawn Gross said...

Mmmmm! I love chick peas in my chili. Or anything really!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails