Friday, December 18, 2015

Holiday Home Tour 2015 - Part 2

Welcome back to my holiday home tour 2015. If you missed Part 1, you can catch up here.
Here's a peek into the family room from the living room.  I was hosting book club, so the house was all decorated and ready for a party.

And a shot from the kitchen.
This year I added wreaths to two of the kitchen chairs and tied them with black and white gingham ribbon.
I felt like the kitchen needed some more festive flair.
Working on the Christmas cards from the kitchen table.
I really love the gingham ribbon!
This year's Christmas Chalk art (inspiration and WAY better version found here).
I tied some of the gingham ribbon around the antique scale and created this little holiday nook on the kitchen counter.  The teapot, tray, scale, marble cheese board and cloche were all thrifted.  Do you know the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks? I always pull them out during the holidays for recipe inspiration.  Most of them are thrift finds as well!
Above the microwave, I added another favorite holiday cookbook, a winter scene terrarium and a countdown to Christmas chalkboard (this was a few days ago..we're down to 7 days if you're counting!).

Also new in the kitchen this year is a sweet kitchen table vignette.  It started with the chalkboard "Let It Snow" tag and the red truck.  I picked them up at Michael's along with the larger snowy tree.  The pompoms are from Ikea and I had the bottle brush trees and the mama and baby deer in my stash. Instructions for the Baker's Twine wrapped tree can be found here.
I just found these awesome plaid plates at Pier 1 the other day.  I keep switching out the top plate to reveal a different plaid pattern. #madforplaid #plaidcrazy
Just off the kitchen is our den and other front entry.  The lighted Christmas village is in the den, they've had a quite a blizzard this year in the village.

In the powder room off of the den, I've displayed some of our previous Christmas cards. Where has the time gone?
Heading upstairs now to the master bedroom.  The only thing that has changed is the wall color...oh how I love this wall color!!(Benjamin Moore's Newportbury Blue). The wreath really sparkles above the bed and the room has a gorgeous glow when just the Christmas lights are twinkling.
Speaking of twinkling, I decorated College Girl's tree while she was away at school so she'd have a nice surprise when she got home.
Finally, we head down to the basement. We've got our Disney tree down there and it's always the first one I put up every year (usually right before Thanksgiving).   If you're still with me, thank you for making it through the whole tour and being a faithful blog reader!!  I so appreciate each and every one of you who stops by, leaves a comment or just gives me a "like" on Instagram (I'm@heather_ourlife). I plan on taking some time off from blogging over the next two weeks but I'm sure I'll pop in with a blog post or two.  I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Inspire Me Tuesday


Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

The glow of that fire place, so welcoming!

Kathy McB said...

Love :)

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love it! The gingham ribbon is adorable and I love the old card display (gulp) the years roll on far too fast! Merry Christmas my friend! Your house is beautiful!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Heather,
I love your Christmas decor throughout your house!! You did a great job. I love those starbucks angels.
Hope you have a nice weekend.
Julie

Becky said...

I love the gingham too! And the kitchen table vignette, that little truck is adorable!

Carla from The River said...

Merry Christmas!
I love the idea to display the past photo cards. I should do that. :-)
Looking back at how those kids grow up. :-)) Golly!

Enjoy,
Carla

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails