Tuesday, December 8, 2015

{Review} Sally Hansen Miracle GEL

I haven't reviewed anything in awhile and I thought it would be fun to check out Sally Hansens's Miracle Gel nail polish.   I like having my nails polished but hate when they start chipping!  This gel polish is a two step process that does not require a UV light or a base coat (I still use a base coat sometimes).
You put on two coats of the colored polish and one coat of the clear top coat. It cures in natural light and dries to a hard shine fairly quickly. I'm really tough on my manicures and they usually start chipping a day or two after I go to the salon.  Gel manicures last longer but cost more and take longer to remove.  The Miracle Gel is supposed to last 14 days and you can use regular nail polish to remove it (no soaking).
I've tried a few different colors and the lighter colors seem to last longer for me (though I love the look of the darker polishes like this one). I usually follow up with a touch up coat and clear coat a few days after I first put it on.  It definitely lasts longer than regular polish that I apply at home and doesn't chip as easily.   It does come off with nail polish remover but takes a little longer to come off than regular polish.
Overall, I really like the product, even if it gives me a few extra days of pretty hands, it's worth it!
I wasn't compensated for this review and the opinions are strictly my own.
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Wednesday Blog Hop
Pin It

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I need to try the gel!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I've never tried gel but I need to! Love the look of this dark polish!

Becky said...

I totally agree with your review of this polish! I've gotten 6 or maybe 7 days without chipping from it, but that's way more than regular polish. I think it's a great alternative!

oomph. said...

i was curious to know if the gel lasted longer. thanks for the review!

Creations By Cindy said...

I too have tried it Heather. I did notice that it lasted a few days longer than the normal polish without chipping. I seem to be rough on my nails so a few more days is a blessing. Ha! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

I wondered about it, thank you!
What is your favorite polish color?

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, I haven't used this polish yet. I was curious about it and glad you liked it. I will put this on my Christmas list! Hope you are having a nice week. Julie

Dawn Gross said...

Nice color! I tried two different colors and they both went on streaky. Maybe I didn't leave the 1st coat dry enough before putting on the 2nd coat?

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails