Wednesday, June 17, 2015

{Get Gifty} Picnic Marriage Survival Kit

I put together this picnic marriage survival kit as a wedding gift for some family friends.  I wanted to give them something practical and useful.  I knew they liked to visit parks and figured they'd need food to take along on their visits.
I found the original idea here and made my own version.  I couldn't find a cute picnic basket so I used a picnic cooler bag instead which is probably a lot more practical anyway.
 From there, I gathered items that I thought would be useful in a picnic basket (all found at Walmart).
 I printed up tags to tie in with each item.  I wanted it to be fun and whimsical too so I added bubbles and a frisbee to the other picnic pieces.
The items I included were:
a picnic blanket (cuddle up)
non breakable plates and utensils (serve each other)
ice pack (keep your cool)
bubbles(stay bubbly)
bug spray(keep the bugs away)
frisbee (play)
I bought some ribbon to tie the labels on with. I needed two spools total.
I packed it all up in the cooler bag and added a tag that said "Life Is a Picnic: Marriage Survival Kit". I used that as the gift tag too and wrote them a message on the back of it.
I thought it turned out really cute! I hope they get a lot of use out of it.
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

18 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So creative and thoughtful!

Jules said...

What a great idea for the couple that loves the outdoors! Love the turquoise color theme and the cute tags you added to each item!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love this sweet and thoughtful gift! Such a creative idea :)! I bet they loved it!

Carla from The River said...

Fun idea. I love the colors you picked out. Most of all I LOVE your creativity.
Carla

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love this idea Heather and love the bag and all the contents you chose for the bag! Have a nice day and weekend!

Love Of Quilts said...

Wow, girl that is clever.Your bag is more practical. They will love it for sure.

Ida said...

This is a wonderful idea and so nicely put together.

Becky said...

This is such a cute idea! I love it!!

Betty said...

That is an extra special gift. What a wonderful idea.

MomPrepares said...

I agree that the bag is nicer than a hard cooler. It's a great present that shows you put some thought and effort into your gift. Best wishes!

Ruby Manchanda said...

That's such a thoughtful gift

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I love your idea. Yes, a cooler bag is far better than a basket.
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

That's a great idea! Love the colors...

Jessica Pelasky said...

Such a cute idea!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Jenny said...

Heather! You are so neat! What an excellent and clever idea!

I bet they were excited to receive this gift!

Thanks for linking to the letter E.

A+

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Great idea and perfect for a wedding or shower gift. Pinning for future use!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

What a great (and thoughtful) gift!

Morgan said...

This is such a fantastic idea! I love everything about it. I'm going to have to do this for my next friend that gets married. So cute!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails