Monday, June 15, 2015

Catching Up - Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Monday, Friends! Miss High School and I are visiting College Girl and having lots of nice mother/daughter time. 
Here's a quickie post from our Memorial Day weekend.
Speaking of College Girl, she was home for the weekend and the three of us took a trip to Ikea to do some shopping.  We all came out of there with a few things.
Ikea selfie in the elevator!
I got this pillow and pillow cover for our navy bedroom.
We went to a BBQ with family and friends and I made Black Bean, Tomato & Avocado Salad.
College Girl made the best hummus. (Barefoot Contessa's recipe)
The BBQ was on the water and we saw this huge ship pass by.
Kids will always find ways to occupy themselves.
We all went to the movies and saw Tomorrowland.  The theater had big comfy, reclining seats..I don't want to go back to regular theater seating now!  
Had a great dinner at a place we've been wanting College Girl to try.
Did our first disc golfing of the season (all four of us are in this photo if you look really closely).
I went to take photos and walk the course with them.
Mr Click's disc golf technique in action!
College Girl made us a vegan rustic tomato pesto tart that was so yummy!
We also had our first s'mores of summer.
Looking for vegetarian marshmallows? 
Dandies brand are so light and fluffy and they roast up perfectly!
Dark chocolate+roasted Dandies+graham crackers=my s'mores jam!
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png



Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Sounds like a jam packed perfect holiday weekend!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

The fun is flowing :)! Love it! Sounds like an incredible, jam packed weekend! I love playing catch up! That rustic tomato tart looks incredible btw!!!!

Shannon said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Can I just say I get super jealous every time you talk about Ikea trips! Our closest is FOUR HOURS away, and shipping cost double the actual product, so basically, no Ikea for me! Amazon sells a few small things (like picture frames or shelves) for double to triple the Ikea price. Meh.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, thanks for the update and looks like you all had a fun time together! Have a nice week!

Becky said...

What a fun weekend! I did find all four of you in the pic, but it took me a minute ;)

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I always love your posts showing us what you have been up too. :-) I am very hungry for a S'more now!
Carla

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my goodness Heather. Looks like you all had so much fun. I love hummus so will check out that recipe too. You make everything fun! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Ida said...

What a fun time you all had. Loving the smores, the disc golf (that sounds fun) the big ship, the tomato tart and well just seeing your family enjoying some good times.

Jules said...

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend. That salad sounds amazing as well as the s'mores. I think I might kill for one of those right now!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails