Tuesday, September 23, 2014

{Travel} College Exhibition Visit

I went on a solo visit to a special exhibition that College Girl had at her school before she left for Paris.
 This guy was looking down on me before I left. I was hoping that wasn't a bad sign (spoiler alert, it wasn't at least not for me).
 It was nice to be back on campus, even for a short visit.
 When I met up with her, we took a walk around and the weather was perfect.
 I never get tired of looking down at the gorges and beautiful waterfalls.
This was lovely but I was there for the opening of the exhibition.
 

 It was a scholarship exhibition of unconventional pieces that had to be made out of leather.
 

They all did a fabulous job.
 

 I loved talking to each designer and hearing what their inspiration and vision was and to see how they executed it.
Here's my girl and her design.
She was inspired by Polynesian tattoos.

 

 Everywhere you see detail is hand painted.
 
So stunning!
 The pieces will stay on exhibit through October in a gallery at the school.
I was so glad I could be there for the opening and share this special day with her!

Do you follow?
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

8 comments:

Jules said...

College girl has some mad skills and I know you couldn't be more proud!

Tamar SB said...

She is SO talented!! Wow! A big bright future ahead for her!

Katie said...

Oh.my.gosh.

This is GORGEOUS! I love that she hand painted all of those details. She is so talented!

Mama Hen said...

Wow!!!!!! She did a fabulous job! College Girl is super talented! It looks like it was a gorgeous day for sure! That is so great you could attend. What fun! :)

Have a great week!
Mama Hen

Carla from The River said...

Amazing! She has a true gift. I am excited for her future.
:-)
Carla

Becky said...

I cannot even believe that was A) made out of leather and B) painted on!! Such amazing talent.

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW! That college gal of yours is one talented and gifted young woman! I cannot get over how beautiful her artistic piece looks! The colors are so pretty. I see some major things happening in this young woman's life with her talents. Glad you got to be a part of this special time! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Dawn said...

Wow!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails