Friday, September 26, 2014

{Get Crafty} Fall Twig Wreath

My front door needed some a-door-nment, get it?  I didn't want to buy a new wreath since I have a few fall type wreaths already, they just happen to be packed away in the attic right now.  I saw this great idea on Pinterest and immediately knew I had to make one for myself.
 All I had to purchase were some fall berries and a mini wheat bundle at Michael's (all 50% off right now! ).  I gathered some twigs that had been waiting around to be kindling and formed them into a rectangle.
 I tied the corners together with some twine and added the berries and wheat pieces.  Then I had to attach the mini chalkboard (taken down from my Back To School Mantel).  I hot glued a piece of twine to the back of the chalkboard after wrapping it around a top twig.  
 I added my fall greeting(I need to work on my leaf drawing skills) and a ribbon for hanging the wreath....and voila!
Easy, peasy and cheap-y!  It's the perfect stand-in until I get my fall decorations out and the nice thing is that I can take it apart and reuse all of the elements if I want to. I'm talking to you, future kindling!
My kind of project!


Do you follow?
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up with:
Friday Favorites
Thursday Favorite Things
Pin It

9 comments:

Mama Hen said...

I love that! What a fun project and like you said, "easy peasy". That is my kind of project also. :) And to answer your question, my baby is a little lefty. I love it! :)
Have a great day!
Mama Hen

laura@imnotatrophywife.com said...

Love this Heather! Will you link on Friday Favorites?! I sent you an email too about the party! laura

Dee D said...

I never thought of making a wreath from twigs like that, but I have to say, that is absolute cutest wreath I've seen this season. I really love that idea... :)

Tamar SB said...

How cool is that. Love the little berries, they scream fall.

I totally stared at your door trying to figure out why it said "no" on it - haha I'm not that thick, promise!

Ida said...

That's really cute.

Becky said...

I LOVE this!!! It turned out great!!

Carla from The River said...

Fun idea. I love your Christmas Tree leaf ;-)...very fun. :-)
I am not very good at drawing leaves, my son Atticus is great at it, so I always ask him.

Dawn said...

Love it! I need to send the boys out on a twig gathering expedition!

Cheryl said...

I love your wreath! Very cute and so different from what we typically see!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails