Tuesday, February 26, 2013

{Recipe}Crustless Pumpkin Pie in the Crock Pot


Warm and sweetly spiced...full of pumpkin-y goodness.
I didn't get around to making crustless pumpkin pie during Thanksgiving but I had bought the ingredients and they were still sitting in my pantry when I came across a recipe for pumpkin pie in the crock pot.
Interesting!! Could I combine the two ideas?
Why, yes I could.
I used a few different recipes to come up with my own. They were here and here.  I can't find the original recipe cooking it in the crock pot but the ingredients were all basically the same.
1 can of pumpkin(not pumpkin pie filling)
1 can of fat free evaporated skim milk*
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (or sweetener of your choice)
2-3 egg whites or egg substitue
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla (not pictured)
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.

Add a little extra pumpkin pie spice if you like.
The vanilla and...
The evaporated skim milk...WAIT..I accidentally used sweetened condensed milk instead!!
 Woops!
This is what I should have used. *(see note below)


Spray the crock pot insert with non stick spray and pour in your mixture.  Cover and cook until it thickens and the edges start to brown.  I rotated mine a few times during cooking to make sure it was evenly cooked.   This takes a few hours on high.
It should look something like this when it's done.
Scoop some out and add a little light whipped topping.
Enjoy by the fire.
It tastes like a warm pumpkin pudding but it's also good served cold.
Makes 8 servings.

*I made it again with evaporated skim milk and the taste was very similar, it wasn't as sweet but if I made it again with sweetened condensed milk, I would use less of the brown sugar mixture(or none at all).  Next I'm going to try a vegan version.
By my calculations the sweetened condensed milk version has 3 Points+ per serving and the evaporated skim milk version has 2 Points+ per serving.

Linking up with:
Tuesdays Treasures
Tasty Tuesdays
What I Whipped Up Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Thrifty Things Friday
Weekend Wonders
Create & Inspire
Pin It

8 comments:

Mel Mac said...

mmmm...now I can have sinless pumpkin pie any time of the year.

This looks so good.Thanks for sharing

Love Of Quilts said...

We like pumpkin pie.. sounds easy enought.

Margo said...

Oh this looks scrumptious!

Bliss said...

Pinning this. Brawn is a huge pumpkin pie fan, and ok fine - I eat my fair share too.

Bliss

Katie said...

Okay, now I really really really want someone to buy the crock pot off our registry. Before it was just two reallys :)

Morgan said...

This sounds awesome!! I love pumpkin anything. :) What a cool recipe!

Jenny said...

Yum. I do something like this in the oven but the crockpot would be sooo much easier!

Bookmarking this recipe right now!

Thanks for sharing it.

Diann said...

This looks so yummy! I am going to have to try it soon. thanks for sharing this recipe with us at TTF.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails