Friday, October 14, 2011

Disney Trip '11 {Day 5} Our Anniversary

We woke up to this beautiful view on Day 5 of our Disney trip.
 We also got our first view of the Housekeeping Show Team parade.
 The Grand Floridian housekeeping staff parade through the grounds every morning.
 Love the parasols!
We went to Hollywood Studios and got there before it opened.  The game plan was for the girls to ride Tower of Terror and Rock n' Roller Coaster while Hubs and I got fast passes for Toy Story Mania.
We decided to go on TSM while waiting for the girls.
 Rock n' Roller Coaster was closed so they beat us back and were waiting for us when we got off.
This was my second score on the ride. Pretty good for me.
 Hollywood Studios is always a visual treat.  This area looks a lot different during the holidays when it's all decorated for The Osborne Spectacle of Lights, seen here on our last visit.
While we were waiting for our fast pass time to go on Toy Story Mania, this friendly army man took my daughter's phone. 
Was he trying to get her number?
He also tried to eat our Cheetos and posed for a photo with us.
After a busy morning at Hollywood Studios we headed back to the hotel for some R & R on the beach.
The hotel had delivered this lovely surprise to our room for our anniversary.
We were going out by ourselves thanks to my sister taking the girls to Epcot for dinner that night.
Getting ready....
Then we had a toast out on our balcony.
We went to dinner at Citrico's in the Grand Floridian. They even had a special anniversary menu printed up for us.
We also got these cute buttons.
They sat us right near all the action of the kitchen. This picture cracks me up.  
Look at the chef behind us.
Not so hidden Mickey.
The service and the food were spectacular.
Here were our yummy desserts.
We were so stuffed from dinner and took a little stroll around the Grand Floridian, we caught some of the orchestra's performance.
We decided to go to Magic Kingdom and hopped on the monorail. 
We've never been there by ourselves (without kids).
It couldn't have been a more perfect 22nd anniversary!
I think my girls had a great night with their cousin and aunt too!
What's your favorite anniversary memory?
If you want to catch up with the rest of our trip....you know you do. :)
See my other posts below:
Hey, we are almost done are trip, are you as sad as I am or are you sick of all this?
Linking up with:
Pin It

7 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

What a lovely anniversary you had. Great photos of your trip. I went back and saw the lights. Trish

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Happy Anniversary Heather! You are making me want to take a trip back to Disney as it has been many many years since we have been. We used to live 2 hours away, so it was nothing to throw the boys in the car and head on up. Those were some great memories.

Kalista said...

Congratulations on 22 years!!! What a great way to spend an annivarsary!

I found your blog on the Something 4 Everything blog hop! I'm your newest follower!

I hope you'll check me out!
www.whenwereathome.blogspot.com

mywildcrazyworld said...

I am following the blog hop and subscribed to your GFC as masugr. Hope you can stop by http://mywildcrazylife.blogspot.com and follow me back!

humanecats said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love the water tower. I'm visiting from Follow Us Monday Morning blog hop. I'm now following you on GFC as Ericka T. Please check out my blog and consider following me. Thanks.

www.savingwhilemakingmoney.com

Erica said...

Hi! I'm following from the Thursday Blog Hop. What a great post! These pictures are beautiful, it looks like you had a wonderful trip. The pictures of the parasols is adorable! :)

Brenda's Blog said...

What a great TRIP %) I love all the posts and pics, Thank you for sharing it all! Makes me want to go to Disney!!! I have only been once...years ago! What a great anniversary!!! Congrats on 22 yrs! That is awesome! Beautiful family!!! Hugs...

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails