Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apple Picking II


We hit the orchard early this year and I've finally gotten around to blogging about it.
We like to visit this place at least once a year.  Here's last year's apple picking adventure.
 There weren't as many varieties available this time but my favorite Honeycrisps were ready. Yay!
We took the tractor-pulled wagon out to the orchard and got picking.

 I just took pictures because one of these baskets fills up really quickly and we tend to overdo it, coming home with way more than we can handle.
 I had a great helper.

 My friend was with us too.
 See how quickly it fills up!
 We went over to the cutting garden to ogle all of the pretty flowers.
 I must plant some of these dark purple morning glories next year.


 Lots of great photo ops to be had!



We came home with a big basket of apples.
 and some VERY muddy shoes.
I made two batches of homemade applesauce and we used up all of the apples in no time.
I want to get back there before the picking season is over.
Have you been apple picking this year, how about pumpkin picking?
Do you prefer "picking" your fruit at the supermarket?

Linking up with:
Show & Tell
Keeping Company Thursday
Wow Us Wednesday
Feature Yourself Friday
Follow Me Friday
Remodelaholic
Alphabe-Thursday Fall Break
Pin It

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

Honey Crisp are my ALL TIME favorite apple!! Looks like a great bushel! =)

Have a great wednesday!
Carolyn
Cookin’ for my Captain

Beth said...

Haven't been apple picking, except in my sister's yard. This looks like a grand time. I love the farm experience but we just couldn't process or even eat that much fruit. I've tried in years past to preserve and store fruit to use later but we just don't eat very much. Now vegetables are a whole other matter. Your photos are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Have a great Fall!

LisaWeidknecht said...

Hello! I'm hopping around with Keepin' Company Thursday and I'm following you!

Mary said...

Fresh picked apples and muddy shoes, sounds like a fun day to me!
Enjoyed your pictures, keep clickin!

Splendid Little Stars said...

lovely photos, Heather! It looks like you had lots of fun! I will have to try making applesauce in a crockpot. good idea!
What a wonderful "helper" you have!
the flowers are lovely!
a caveat regarding morning glories: They self seed and tend to take over. I've had that particular variety in my yard for a couple years and they are beautiful, though.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What fun and great pictures. I would love to go apple picking.

Sue said...

I tried honey crisp apples for the first time last year, and I am a big fan. They were every bit as good if not better than my former favorite, fijis.

=)

PS. What a beautiful spot, and the pics of flowers are delightful!

Birgit said...

If you ever get a chance to try a Rubinette apple, do it! :) It's my favorite kind of apple.

I wish there was a apple orchard nearby -- great photos!

Beth said...

Your photos are beautiful!

Jenny said...

I love picking apples! Your pictures made me wish I was doing it this weekend!

That variety looks lovely and tart/sweet!

You all look happy and red cheeked like apple princesses!

Thanks for a lovely link!

I am craving apple crisp now...big time.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails