Monday, August 8, 2011

Mountain Getaway

The hubs was away for business and my older daughter was on her NYC adventure so it was lovely to be invited to our friends' house in the mountains for the weekend.
This was the view from my room.
 and another view
This butterfly bush was enormous!
The girls turned the deck into a nail salon.


 Silly bandz!! 


 The house is full of treasures like this trio.
We went out dinner and the girls got a view of the whole valley from the deck of the restaurant.


 When we got back, we made a fire and had to have s'mores.
 Our makeshift s'more station
 The fire got kind of big!
 The s'mores were delicious!
 The next morning we did some thrifting. I didn't take any pictures because I wasn't feeling that great and had to sit outside to get some fresh air.
 After lunch we headed to the lake (and I was feeling much better!)
 It was a perfect day, warm and breezy. The water was nice too.
 We had ice cream
 and a sand castle competition.
 That night we went to another restaurant.
 You could walk down to the stream and catch your own dinner.

 We didn't do that...
 and yet we still enjoyed our meals.
{shrimp fajitas}
 {veggie quesadillas}
 {tri colored nachos}
 {chicken sandwich}
I'm sensing a cheesy theme here.
We came back and took a walk around the neighborhood while I did some dream house hunting.
These two were my favorites.
The weekend was a welcome distraction and a relaxing retreat.
Just what we needed!
What have you been up to this summer?

Pin It

3 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜@ Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing said...

WOW, that looks awesome. What beautiful homes too. Your pictures look so good, I felt like I was there.

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous! And delicious... and now this pregnant lady is hungry! lol :)

~Chelsea

Jenny said...

Oh, this looks like a beautiful spot!

Cool and lovely!

AND...

You made me hungry!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails