Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beach Getaway-Jersey Shore Style

The Jersey Shore is not all about fist pumping, smushing and The Situation.
There's plenty of family fun in the sun to be had.
Getting my feet in the sand has been on my summer to-do list for a few years now.
CHECK!
We snuck away for a few beautiful days.  This is my favorite way to enjoy the beach (and now my daughter's too)
The beach was perfect.
(No, we weren't the only ones there)
We met up with friends at the boardwalk for go-karts and
bumper cars.
I could barely watch the kids on this one.
My girl loves the swings!
Of course we had to get some junk food.  This was our friend's fried oreos and we also tried fried pickles (thinking of Snooki). yum!
Boardwalk Fries
The moon was reflected on the ocean. So pretty!
The sky was the prettiest shade of pink.
See how I matched the sky. :)
Yes, I'm feeling short lately!
We also visited the charming town of Cape May, New Jersey.
 It's great for shopping and dining.
 We loved this old 5 & 10 with a soda fountain.
and an old (working!)pinball machine.
The beach is beautiful here too.
She had some summer school reading to do.
We were here!
How did she get so tall?
The trip was just what we needed.
Did you check everything off of your summer to-do list?
Linking up with:
Pin It

11 comments:

Simply Sami said...

Love the blog and now following.. The pictures are great...

Simply Sami
simplysami.com/Blog

Mandi said...

What a fun time! I wouldn't have been able to watch my kids on that ride either! Nooooo thank you, I'll just be strolling around with my funnel cake. ;) I have to say, I've never been to your blog before, but I am LOVING it! I'm a total photo freak so this is perfect for me! Happy to now be among your followers. :)

Hopping over from the Totally Tuesday Blog Hop! I'd love it if you would stop by my blog to say hi! :) Have a great day!

Mandi at boredombustingmommy.blogspot.com

JDaniel4's Mom said...

The food, the beach, the water all look wonderful. I am glad you had a good trip.

ellen b said...

lovely trip to the shore!

Judie said...

What wonderful photos! All those rides remind me of when we took our grandson, Patrick, to Gulf Shores many years ago. He is now married, and 24 years old. Seems like it was only yesterday!

Cheryl said...

I couldn't look at the rides either! The shore looks fantastic. Ours are pretty rocky. I like that since we who live here can usually find a quiet place on our oh-so-short stretch of coastline.

Annesphamily said...

I am still a sucker for pinball machines! I think the newer games are boring and not as fun and challenging. The post was terirfic but I saw that pinball machine and my mind wandered.
What a beachy time you had! Love the photos and the food! Yumi

Riet said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time on the shore. I love your photo's.
Great S word. Have a nice day
Riet

Self Sagacity said...

those photos look like so much fun.
Double link-up, come join the conversations every Thursday and Post your questions on Thursday Two Questions Meme

Cheryl D. said...

What a fun-looking vacation! Jersey, huh? Who knew? LOL!

Jenny said...

I hope you're far enough from the shore to be safe from Irene, Heather!

What a lovely day! And you did match the sky! What a lovely family you have...I'm wondering if you got married at the age of 10 or something? You look so young!

Thanks for letting us tag along! Loved the boardwalk fries, too!

A+

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails