Monday, October 19, 2015

{Recipe} Aruban Black Bean Soup

We woke up to frost everywhere this morning.  Brrr! This is a soup that would perfect on a day like today, though I eat soup all year round and actually had the inspiration for this soup on a warm day in Aruba.
I couldn't find a recipe for Aruban (or is it Arubian, I've seen it both ways?) Black Bean soup so I fiddled around with a few black bean soup recipes to come up with my own.

Aruban Black Bean Soup
{4 servings}
2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 large red onion, chopped
1-2 yellow peppers, chopped in large chunks
2-3 cups of vegetable broth
cumin, salt, pepper
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed

Saute onion and garlic in Dutch oven (add olive oil or spray if you like). Cook until translucent. Add peppers and saute for a few minutes more.  Add beans, broth and spices to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.  Carefully remove a cup or two of the soup and puree in a blender (or use an immersion blender).  Return to pot and allow to thicken on low.  I served mine over brown rice.
So simple and satisfying!

Let's Keep in Touch!

  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png

Pin It

4 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Like you, I eat soup all year round however I've never made a black bean soup! That's a little crazy since we love beans! I think I have all the ingredients in the cupboard to make this! Thanks for the recipe my friend!!!

Tamar SB said...

Nothing beats a nice bowl of soup on a cold day - it was 19 with the wind chill this am!!

Dawn Gross said...

Mmmmmmm! Sounds good! I was not impressed with the frost yesterday. Just not ready. Bill & I are off to the Outer Banks today - I'm hoping for warmth & sunshine!

Carla from The River said...

I love soup on a cold day too. This looks and sounds wonderful.
Thank you for sharing.
Carla

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails