Thursday, October 22, 2015

{Recycle} Birthday Vase to Fall Decor

 I received this beautiful floral display from my sister for my birthday.
 Pretty amazing, right?
 I did eventually cut the twine that was holding the birch vase to the wooden tray.
When the flowers died, I had a moment of inspiration to reuse that birch vase right away.   I popped some fresh, but fading hydrangeas from the garden into the water tubes that were inside the foam filled vase(adding fresh water to the tubes).
 I put it up on my mantel with my other neutral fall decorations and it blended in perfectly.  I kept the little wooden tray and that's holding another bouquet elsewhere.
It's a nice little pop of subtle color among the creamy whites and other soft hues.  I love this birch vase so much, I'm sure I'll be figuring out how to use it with my Thanksgiving and Christmas decor too.  How's that for repurposing something for the same purpose? See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites!


Let's Keep in Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Cooking and Crafting with J & J

Pin It

7 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

First, happy belated birthday! I hope you had a great one! I LOVE what your sister sent you, it's beautiful and I think it will be perfect to incorporate into your Thanksgiving (and beyond) decor! So pretty and unique!

Tamar SB said...

That is so cool!!

Kathy McB said...

Oh yeah! That vase is a total keeper. I'm sure you could adapt it to every season.

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
My boys made me birch planters last summer. They looked lovely outside.
I like what you have done here. :-)
Carla

Ida said...

That's a really nice vase & it looks great on your mantle.

Jessica Pelasky said...

This definitely is really cute! Love the idea!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Heather,
I love that you kept and reused the pretty vase for the hydrangeas!
Thanks for sharing this idea at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
Julie xo

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails