Day 3 in Paris started with my favorite breakfast, a hunk of crusty baguette.
Mr Click would wake up before us every morning and go out to a local bakery to pick up fresh baguettes, croissants and muffins. Baguette was our favorite!
This was the sunny master bedroom.
The apartment had some great features, like a Nespresso machine and this view from two windows!
This wall of built in cabinets had a hand painted mural of typical Parisian buildings covering it.
We set out on third day in Paris (also Christmas Eve) to the area called Marais.
Our first stop was BHV Department store. It's massive and amazing and overwhelming.
I didn't take many photos because I was so in awe of it all.
We did a little Christmas shopping and mostly just browsed the many floors. I could have spent days there.
We took a break when we saw they had a Starbucks in the store.

After shopping we explored the neighborhood and looked for a place for lunch. We strolled along Rue de Rosiers which is the Jewish quarter and was full of delis and bakeries. Check out that gorgeous Challah bread in the window!
We had lunch at Les Chimeres.

College Girl and I both had the vegetable tartine (open faced sandwich). We also ordered frites for the table and they came with mayo. Not bad!

Rue St. Antoine had us drooling over the many pastry shops.
How do you choose?
Miss High School finally got a crepe!
Most of the alleys are cobblestone and you really feel like you're in a fairy tale world.
The best tour guide ever!
Going out that night was a different experience. We stayed local and headed over to Rue Cler, hoping to find an open restaurant. The streets were deserted and so eerily quiet! When we did pass people, they were speaking English. It was Christmas Eve and most Parisians were with their families.
We had dinner at Cafe Central (N '40 Rue Cler) surrounded by other Americans.

It was dark and I was using my phone so not the best photos. That flatbread was tasty. I had a veggie burger that was a slice of tofu on a bun. Different!
We came home to our Parisian Christmas tree and watched "A Christmas Story" on dvd. I popped open the bottle of champagne that the rental company had left us. It was a different kind of Christmas Eve but also very special.
Do you follow?
Pin It



























6 comments:
What an amazing way to spend Christmas Eve!!!! I would totally love to be able to have a piece of baguette each morning....my waist however, would not be a fan...especially since it has just recently started to reappear a little...lol
A fun post, I love how you have your very own personal tour guide. :-))
I love your apartment.
Totally spotted the challah!! I am in awe of your trip!!
This is amazing, I truly am in awe of it all! What a fantastic glimpse of an amazing trip! For the record? The baguette would be my favorite way to great the day as well!
What a view...!!! My favorite breakfast was the pain au chocolate!!! Delicious food! I love that college girl was able to be your very own tour guide :)
The cobblestones are something I've noticed in a lot of the pictures. Love it! The apartment looks pretty amazing too - views aren't too shabby!
Post a Comment