Thursday, January 15, 2015

Happening Lately...

As I said in yesterday's post, I'm still catching up with life (and doing some organizing). We've been home for about two weeks and things are finally getting back to normal for me.  The last two weeks have been chockfull of activities so here's what I've been up to.
{Loving my new Cath Kidson London landmarks pj pants and London Starbucks mug}
 We tried to stay up as late as possible on the night we got home from London to get back on a normal sleep schedule. Even so, I was up at 4:30 am the first day but after that it got better. I just found myself going to bed a lot earlier that first week home which wasn't a bad thing.  It actually worked in our favor for getting back to school and work schedules.
 We celebrated our traditional Christmas morning with the girls after we got home.  The cranberry bread was grilled up on my new griddle and it was delicious that way. I think we're ruined for eating it any other way now.
 Mr. Click and I agreed to 'no gifts' this year but neither of us really stuck to it too well.   I really didn't want/expect anything because I got a new camera lens for my birthday-Christmas but thanks to Pinterest and help from Miss High School, I got some fun Kendra Scott earrings and a matching necklace.  I've been wearing the earrings almost every day.
Here's the new lens. I wanted to upgrade the kit lens for my Rebel T2i for our trip. I'm still getting used to it and learning how to use it but it is definitely an upgrade!
 We celebrated Christmas with both sides of the family.
Miss High School put together cookie trays from the cookies we made before we left (kept them in the freezer and they were perfectly fresh!).
College Girl made these amazing Vegan Gluten Free Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies for one of the get togethers.  They have a secret ingredient that you'd never guess!
I made Buffalo Chickpea Dip twice, it was so good! Here's the link in case you missed it.
 I cooked for the College Girl.  I tried a few new recipes.  This Glowing Green Pasta Primavera from Oh She Glows was bursting with veggies and flavor!  We served it over carrot 'pasta' and regular pasta for the hubs but I think carrot was the winner.  I also made Oh She Glows  Easy Homemade Cashew Vegan Sour Cream when we had chili one night.  Another keeper!
 It was nice to not have holiday cards to worry about before Christmas. I knew I was going to try and make New Year's cards when I got back.   I found Simply To Impress on line and they were having a great sale. They were super fast and I love the cards! They are all done and mailed out. 
I'm participating in a Project 365 photo group with some people from my photography class. That has forced me to take at least one photo a day (most days).  Sometimes it's just an Iphone photo. and other times I'm editing a photo in Photoshop like this one of Miss High School on our night time walk. 
Or this one of College Girl mending her sister's Irish dance costume.  
Now she's back at school and this week has been midterms for Miss High School (and half days). Next week should be more normal..we can always hope!


Do you follow?
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

10 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

How refreshing to know that both your girls are so helpful and handy!

Tamar SB said...

so fun to have them both home! Is she abroad this semester too?

Kathy McB said...

Is this the lens you used on your trip?

Clairejustine oxox said...

Great PJ's Heather,wow those cookies look good and the peanut swirls, yum!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love playing catch up and seeing all the festivities! You've been busy! Love your London mug and those earrings? So pretty on such a beautiful lady!

Becky said...

Doesn't it always seem the days after a trip are full of activities and a rush of things to do? I crave normalcy during that time :)

Carla from The River said...

You have done well catching up. :-)
I enjoy reading about your family and your adventures. I love your Project 365 idea. Have fun!
Carla

Kezzie said...

I like this type of blog post! Nice PJs! (I was lured over from Claire Justine's comments to have a look at your PJs!) x

Kezzie said...

I like this type of blog post! Nice PJs! (I was lured over from Claire Justine's comments to have a look at your PJs!) x

Dawn Gross said...

Looks like you're having a never ending Christmas celebration! Not a bad thing!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails