This spicy dip is so good! I made it twice in one week to bring to two different family get togethers. It's that good. If you like Buffalo chicken dip but want a healthier (meat free) alternative, this is for you. It's vegan and gluten free as well.
Ingredients:
1 15 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup raw cashews
3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce
1/2 cup unsweetened dairy free milk (used almond)
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 rounded TBS nutritional yeast (optional)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
ground black pepper
Kosher salt
1 tsp fresh parsley (used dried)
1 tsp fresh chives (used dried)
1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup Daiya cheddar style cheese, divided
Start by pulsing the white beans and cashews together a few times in a high powered blender or food processor to break them up. Add hot sauce, almond milk,lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder and a pinch of black pepper.
Process until smooth, scraping down sides of blender if necessary. I could eat this with a spoon!
Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add chickpeas, parsley,chives and salt to taste.
Add 3/4 cup of Daiya cheese and stir to combine.
Spread into a baking dish (9x9 square works but I used a12 inch round quiche dish). Cover with remaining 1/4 cup of Daiya. You can bake immediately or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours before baking (preferred method).
Bake in a preheated 375F oven, covering baking dish tightly with foil (remove plastic wrap) for 30-35 minutes.
This travels well in an insulated carrier and can be warmed up in the microwave for a few minutes once you reach your destination if it's not hot enough.
Serve with crackers, pita chips, veggies or tortilla chips.















9 comments:
This looks so good! I will have to give this a try for sure.
Emily- Our house now a home
That sounds so good!!
Yum...sounds and looks good.
I am mentioning you in my post for Wednesday. :-)
Hugs,
Carla
Looks really good!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie
Nice recipe, hope your staying warm these days.
Love that this is vegetarian and dairy free! I am definitely going to make this, we have a pretty important football game to watch this weekend here in New England… I think this will be the perfect appetizer to celebrate!
Yum!! That dip is SO addictive!
Ooh this looks good. I love chickapeas! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Hi Heather
I agree with Emily! I have to try this because I love the bleu cheese chicken thing. Where do I find Daiya cheese? laura
Post a Comment