While wasting way too much time perusing my new obsession, Pinterest (check out my boards here!), I found this super cute Teacher's Gift idea.
I usually do a summer themed gift for the teachers. For the last few years, we've made these beverage dispensers filled with drink mixes.
We also made this for a very special teacher.
I loved the idea of the cool insulated cups filled with individual drink mixes and topped off with those cute little flags.
The whole process was pretty simple and fun. We started out with some insulted cups.
Then printed out the flags from the tutorial. We made some copies. We only used the top one.
"thank you for quenching my thirst for knowledge"
We bought a variety of instant drinks: iced coffee, lemonade, iced tea and Crystal Light.
My daughter wrote personalized messages for each teacher on the back of the flags.
She filled up the cups and attached the flags with tape.
They really looked cute.
Her teachers loved them.
One even commented that it was like "summer in a cup".
Linking up with:











23 comments:
What super cute gifts!! I love those cups, but at $10 a pop, that would be a pricey teacher gift. Where did you find your cups? Thanks for sharing.
audrey
I found them at K-Mart for $6/each.
Hi! I just came over to invite you to link up at Savory Sundays! It's open right now and I'd love if you linked something up from your wonderful blog! Have a great day!! :)
We just did something very similar except I put Dunkin Donuts gift cards inside. I like your idea too.
Oh, and I am also loving pinterest! Such fun!
Great Blog! I found you through Busy Mom's Tips and I'm following you!
That is such a clever idea! I'm glad to know where the cups can be found.
very cute! I'm sure her teachers enjoyed this. And this idea could be used for all sorts of parties! {:-Deb
My mom is a teacher and she would love something like this!
Awesome idea!
What an absolutely brilliant idea! I love this. You could do a travel coffee mug, too, and put the Starbucks coffee sticks in there.
I really enjoyed this post.
Thanks for the smile.
A+
Those are adorable!!! What a unique gift. Who wouldn't want to receive that? Good job!
Such a great idea!
Such a clever idea. I bet the teachers LOVE you!
As a teacher, I would LOVE this gift! It's very practical and it doesn't have an apple or a schoolhouse anywhere on it! That means I could use it outside of school too!
LOVE!
It definitely is "summer in a cup" Love this idea.
xoxo,
amy
What a great idea! I love these. Thanks for linking to the Point of View Linky Party.
I love the look of these! Where do you find the cups at? Thanks for linking up to Point of View!
Love your idea here...I posted a link on my blog post today. I think it's sweet that your daughter is adding notes of her own!
I'm really eager to use this for my son's teacher and aide - can you share the link for the label tutorial? I can't seem to find it anywhere. TIA!
@Seven,
Here's the original link for the labels. Have fun!
http://lisastorms.typepad.com/files/straw-flags.pdf
-h
Thanks for sharing! I am making this for my daughter's 1st grade teacher, I slipped a $5 Starbuck's gift card in there too. Target has these cups for $4.99 back in their summer/garden section!
I found similar cups at walmart for $3.96.
Hi there, You've done a great job. I'll сertainly ԁigg it and рeгsоnally recommend tο my frіеnds.
I am sure they ωill be benefitеd
from thіs web sіte.
Visit my webpage tangled birthday party ideas
Post a Comment