Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bathroom Paint Job

I gave you this little sneak peek a few weeks ago.  We were ready to repaint our master bath. It's the one room we had painted white (Benjamin Moore Spa White) when we moved in.  I've revealed all of our room redo's here, except this one.
Here's how it looked when we did our first walk through..you can only see a little glimpse of the hideous yellow sponged lovely color to the left of the photo.  
How can SHE be that little?
A better shot of the wall color which also covered our master bedroom walls. We didn't know what to do with all of that grey tile everywhere so to calm things down, we chose Spa White.


We also changed out the brass light fixtures for these brushed nickel beauts. To see more of our debrassifying, you can see it here and here.
Ahh...much less chaotic and relaxing.
It has stayed that way for the last few years but I've added in some color with towels and accessories.
I love my candle chandeliers. We use them outside a lot for summer and fall parties.
Eventually this room will get a major gut-job..I want a bigger shower and a smaller tub.

And a longer vanity.


Back to the inspiration towels.
And here's the NEW color up on the walls.
{Benjamin Moore Peacock Blue}

Some of the details.







My daughter's painting seems made for the space.
{she says it's too matchy matchy now so she needs to paint us a new one}

One more time for comparison's sake.


{Before}
{After}












Pin It

25 comments:

Mel said...

What a bold and daring choice! You rocked it. It works so well with the grey tile.

Buckeroomama said...

Oooh, I love what you did. That color is gorgeous!

Life in Rehab said...

You know I love that blue, and it really makes the space sizzle.

Chelsea said...

Ohh, I love it! And your daughter's painting is gorgeous!

~Chelsea

Kim said...

I love the new color. I am not into big bathtubs, either. I would rather have a larger shower, too. ;)

Honey at 2805 said...

What a dramatic change! Amazing what paint can do!

Pondside said...

I'll bet you walk into the bathroom now and catch your breath with happiness - colour is a wonderful pick-me-up.

4kids, 2 guinea pigs, 1 happy family said...

The bathroom looks great. I too have many rooms that need tackling.
And I just love the chandeliers.
x

Sue said...

Boy, you really warmed it up!

=)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful blue you selected. The room is lovely.

storybeader said...

I definitely like the blue in the bathroom. I can see how someone would want to sell it as white... but then, it wasn't white when you bought it! And your daughter's painting is perfect - great with all the different shades. {:-D

Paula said...

I love it! And not only because it's the SAME color as our master bath, but because it's so cheery and bright. Your daughter is a wonderful artist. That's a great painting!

☆☆Mumsy said...

Beautiful transformation! I like the color you've, and your bathroom is like a pleasant hide-out for me.

noexcuses said...

What a beautiful transformation... from walkthrough, white walls and today! I love all of your specials touches. Keep the jets in the bath. When you are my age, it will be like a vacation!

Lovely blog! Thanks for stopping by No Excuses and leaving your commnent. I have niece who is a photographer who shares your name!

Our Village is a Little Different said...

Oh! I love this! Great choice! Those mini chandeliers are perfect. I don't take baths often, but if I had that bathroom, I might..
-Catheirne

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Love that color Heather. It is perfect with the tile. What pretty chande's too!

Jenny said...

Hey, do you mind baking up some scones or something?

I'm coming over to hang out in that beautiful bathroom.

That color is just brilliant in there...and I like the monochromatic quality of your daughters lovely painting, too!

This is a serious makeover. You need to enter this into one of those home improvement contests for sure!

Lovely.

A+

Becky said...

Wow, that is a beautiful bathroom! I am soooo... envious!!! :0)

Karen @ Goodbyecityhellosuburb said...

Your bathroom is huge- mine is a quarter of the size of yours, literally and we only have one bathroom- my husband and I have to get close whenever we to share it!

Screaming Sardine said...

Heather -

I love this color combination. Looks great together and will be a combo I'll be trying when I get ambitious enough to paint.

Love those chandeliers, too!

Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunburnt Cow Party. I featured you over at the Screaming Sardine.

Cheers,
Tracy

Michelle said...

What a difference that colour makes, it really adds dimension to the bathroom. Love those light fittings over the bath I bet you feel like a godess when soaking in the tub!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

So happy you joined in Heather...thank you.

Shannon said...

I love little makeovers like this. I wish I could go into interior design! Love it! Following you from the Tuesday bloghop. :)

Karen @ Goodbyecityhellosuburb said...

Thanks for sharing this at WorkShop Wednesday!

bathroom accessories said...

i am searching some useful information, immediately i found this post and gain some useful information great work such a great brain to use

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails